PDA

View Full Version : Which mod first

caishanvr4
07-01-2005, 05:37 PM
Hi M8,s

Happy new year an all that bull, now that ive saved some penny's im after my first upgrade for the new year and im in need of some :help: from you guys wid da knowledge. i know what my first mod is most likely to be but what would yours be from this list ?

1.18in wheels and suspension drop

2.air fiter and exhaust upgrade

3.big brakes and disc upgrade

4.leather retrim with carbon fibre

5.source recaro interior & lexus lights

6.full body kit with phat spoiler

7.full candy pimp my ride style paintjob

8.window tints and i.c.e upgrade

i cant think of any more mods at the moment but it would be nice if i could get them done all at once but as my great grandad said son, you must crawl before ye can walk and then run or something of that discription :shrug: anyhows which ever mod gets the most votes may change my mind. Any input whatsoever would be :thumb1: as soon as my upgade is on i will post picks for all to see :-D

Dan_G
07-01-2005, 05:42 PM
The way you have it numbered seems to be a nice order....

maybe with ICE upgrade sneaking up the list a bit and joining with the upper 1/4 of the list :-D

Polabear
07-01-2005, 05:55 PM
Hi M8,s

Happy new year an all that bull, now that ive saved some penny's im after my first upgrade for the new year and im in need of some :help: from you guys wid da knowledge. i know what my first mod is most likely to be but what would yours be from this list ?

1.18in wheels and suspension drop

2.air fiter and exhaust upgrade

3.big brakes and disc upgrade

4.leather retrim with carbon fibre

5.source recaro interior & lexus lights

6.full body kit with phat spoiler

7.full candy pimp my ride style paintjob

8.window tints and i.c.e upgrade

i cant think of any more mods at the moment but it would be nice if i could get them done all at once but as my great grandad said son, you must crawl before ye can walk and then run or something of that discription :shrug: anyhows which ever mod gets the most votes may change my mind. Any input whatsoever would be :thumb1: as soon as my upgade is on i will post picks for all to see :-D

IMHO, Personally I would have gone 3 first, 2 second,(using one of BDA's De-Cat pipes of course) and 1 third, then the rest as you are able to afford......stopping power is always a priority with these monsters..... :rolleyes5

Nick Mann
07-01-2005, 11:38 PM
Nah, Sean. Depending on what wheels are on there now, 1 must come before 3.

I would personally save money and drop 4, but it's all down to taste! Can't argue with the order much!

Spirit
08-01-2005, 12:21 AM
I agree with Sean, brakes first - although for daily use I think the National disc/DS2500 pad deal for £230 may save a bit towards the remainder of the list ;)

Then the wheels/suspension and the rest in any order

Roadrunner
08-01-2005, 12:42 AM
Brakes first for me too, but that usually means the wheels have to be done at the same time so they'll clear the bigger calipers.

Kenneth
08-01-2005, 02:20 AM
H.7 brought up a good point... If you intend on putting big brakes on, you need big wheels.

My personal preference is Suspension, Wheels, then Brakes. Getting your suspension sorted should theoreticaly help you stop a bit quicker, and when you get wheels you will need rubber... the best brakes in the world are no good if your tyres let go easily.
Brakes are 3rd for me because I would put the biggest rotors I could in and therfore would need the wheels :-D

i3ooyah
08-01-2005, 03:01 AM
get the wheels first, more chicks will notice you :p

i went with wheels, sounds, bodykit, suspension, brakes

caishanvr4
09-01-2005, 12:39 AM
whasup frenz

just thought i would keep you guys up to date on the latest poll results so far for my list of planned mods:

1.18in wheels and suspension drop = 4

2.air fiter and exhaust upgrade = 0

3.big brakes and disc upgrade = 3

4.leather retrim with carbon fibre = 0

5.source recaro interior & lexus lights = 0

6.full body kit with phat spoiler =0

7.full candy pimp my ride style paintjob =0

8.window tints and i.c.e upgrade =0

9.pager car alarm, immobiliser and baseball bat

As you can see ive added one more mod to the list and as i think of more will add. At the moment im focusing on your first preference which will make true reading table. I would like to thank :lolz: everybody who has replied and look forward to hanging out at a meet. As you can see its a very close race at the moment with wheel and suspension upgrade in front by one.
PLS keep replies coming in :lolz: :bighug: :beerclash PLS keep replies coming in :lolz: :bighug: :beerclash

Kieran
09-01-2005, 01:25 AM
:-D

Well, in my experience, I have got a lot of value our of a simple grooved disc and new pads combo. For me, it's like this:

Brakes first - As this one of the VR-4's weaker areas, by al accounts.

Then Air filter and exhaust - easy upgrades and nice sound afterwards

Then suspension drop - I think the suspension on the VR-4 is far better tuned than other models and doesn't need as much meddling.

And if the ride is still to your liking with lower suspension, then upgrade to bigger wheels. Bear in mind though that 16" -> 18" does take away a fair bit of tyre, which will be soaking up a good number of bumps!

They're my views anyway mate, hope it's useful! :)

dickytim
09-01-2005, 03:04 AM
IMO Audio, Go then Show. Personally I am still at the Audio stage and will be for the next few years :sad3:

caishanvr4
20-01-2005, 03:07 PM
Well my frenz

The end of the month is nigh and it looks like my first mod will be brakes unless i get an influx of votes from somewhere,anywhere/ is there any body out there. well i will see how it stanz at the end of the month.

i'll be a member soon, honest-its in the post