PDA

View Full Version : Now the proud owner of.....

Sulli
08-01-2005, 11:20 PM
Mitsi Galant VR4, Ralliart, MY2000.
Only 2 pics - better pics to come after wash and wax at the weekend :D

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/sullivan6/VR4/DSCF00181.jpg

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/sullivan6/VR4/Dscf00171.jpg

It's got a fully stamped up Ralliart Service Book, and all UK history from new, inc. pre-delivery check, and was imported new by Ralliart.
Full Recaro leather interior, with Ralliart Logos, Ralliart luxury mats, 18" BBS Alloys etc etc. All manuals (in english) etc too :)

Oh and it's absolutely mint - was Diamond Brited last year :D

Fell on my feet really - it wasn't even up for sale, but someone from Scoobynet heard I was after one, and his mate had one that he had thought of selling. I was in the right place at the right time, and I think i've picked up a minter - and rare as rocking horse poo, so i'm lead to believe.

Couple of questions:
-What is the best oil to use? I will be using Silkolene Pro S I think, as it's high in esters, but what grade is recommended?
-What is the best stuff for the AYC, and transmission?
-What tyre pressure?

P.S. Phil (Ill Dottore) - sorry I didn't call - we were in such a rush, and had loads to do, with sorting out our 8 month old, and then the traffic was a nightmare, that I didn't call. Was all OK anyway - car all legit, and everything checked/tested - all fine.

And thanks to all advice given from all on this forum - it has been invaluable, and without which I would possibly have ended up with a bit of a heap - Cheers, Stu :beerclash :bighug:

Kieran
08-01-2005, 11:26 PM
Top Dollar Stu! A facelift in Black.... Simply Awesome! :-b :-b

As regards your Oil/AYC questions, a search should turn up most of the answers you need. ;)

Sulli
08-01-2005, 11:28 PM
Cheers.

Better than black, it's dark blue ;)

Legnum Boy
09-01-2005, 01:52 AM
Its an awesome looking car. :-D
And the right shape too.... ;)

Trow
09-01-2005, 04:20 AM
yeh - Nice motor Sulli, so suppose you gonna join up now then for more info than you can throw a stick at :-D

as Kieran said do a search about the oil and read carefully - it's quite an expen$ive part to replace if it's not done properly.....

Physician
09-01-2005, 08:32 AM
Very smart Sulli ........ love the dark blue colour.

Are those really 18 inch BBS's? They look more like 16 inch to me :sad3:

Sulli
09-01-2005, 08:37 AM
It's a funny photo - that.

Haven't took any photos myself yet as it was dark when I got back last night - but yes, definately 18s.

I'll take some decent photos latetr today if I get a chance

Spirit
09-01-2005, 09:34 AM
Looks great Sulli, look forward to seeing some more pics and I assume you will be joining as a full member too ?

DaveLee71
09-01-2005, 01:31 PM
Nice one Sulli!!!
Very nice looking car indeed, the wheels really finish it off.
Here's to another Scooby to VR-4 swap!!

Dave

Nick VR4
09-01-2005, 02:50 PM
Nice looking car :-b

Nick Mann
09-01-2005, 04:20 PM
Look at that!

Flippin' Brilliant!

:-b

caishanvr4
09-01-2005, 08:05 PM
Wow, look at that colour, those rims !
Your legnam looks TREMENDOUS

Sulli
09-01-2005, 10:21 PM
Thanks for all the comments.

I am absolutely chuffed with it - I didn't think i'd get one this good, but it's got everything I want (almost :D)

Changed the oil first thing today, as in my opinion you can't do it too often - plan to change at least every 3k miles, as it's an easy job.

I'm going to ring my local Mitsi Dealer for a price on the next service (49,500) - not sure what that includes, but I want all fluids changed - AYC, Transmission, Diff, Clutch and brake. Can anyone enlighten me as to what the 49,500 service entails, and how much it should cost.

As for joining up - yes, as soon as I have the spare cash I will - however after buying this I am brassic, and need to get above service and BlackJax.

Nick Mann
09-01-2005, 11:53 PM
Assuming it had the major at 45k, then the next one should be a fluids only. About £200, I think.

Simon
10-01-2005, 07:13 PM
Nice car! :-b It was on Autotrader about 6-8 weeks ago...i looked into buying it but didn't go through with it!! I know its the same vehicle as i printed the picy out......lovely colour..... hope you enjoy it.

ileonc
10-01-2005, 07:30 PM
Fantastic motor guv' how fast does it go mister?...

A bit bright though, I thought about getting my car diamond brited but it costs 100+ quid last time I looked.

Is it really worth it? Cos' I still have some cash I haven't spent on the long haired general and it would be good to invest in something I actually get pleasure from.

Sulli
10-01-2005, 08:11 PM
Nice car! :-b It was on Autotrader about 6-8 weeks ago...i looked into buying it but didn't go through with it!! I know its the same vehicle as i printed the picy out......lovely colour..... hope you enjoy it.
He said he had put it up for sale before Xmas, online only - apparently had loads of calls but no-one genuinely interested - luckily for me.
I think, with it being the kind of car it is, many people are sceptical about how legit it is, how well looked after etc. I certainly was a bit sceptical, but the bloke I bought it off answered all of my questions (and there were many) before I got there, as it was a fair trek. And when I got there, well, he turned out to be the genuine enthusiast I thought he was - a proper petrol-head. Twin turbo V8 Esprit with 480 BHP in the garage (his track-car), and we had a great chat about all the cars we'd owned. He even warmed up our daughter's bottle for her, as she was due a feed! And the car, well that turned out to be better than i'd expected (often people will exagerate to get someone to come and look). The extent of the history, the condition, and the fact it had been diamond-brited, were all pleasant surprises - as was how it went - better than the '96 Legnum i'd took out the other week.

Fantastic motor guv' how fast does it go mister?...
:| erm.....it should do the legal limit OK :dozey:

A bit bright though, I thought about getting my car diamond brited but it costs 100+ quid last time I looked.
Try sunglasses :rolleyes5 :cool1:
I think proper Diamiond-Briting from a proper dealer is a few hundred £

Is it really worth it? Cos' I still have some cash I haven't spent on the long haired general and it would be good to invest in something I actually get pleasure from.Depends, apparently after doing it lasts for years, with just normal washes need every so often. The colour is spectacular - like I say i'll get some decent photos next weekend when i get a chance - and what is a long-haired general?:scared1:

simpsonm
11-01-2005, 09:42 AM
Where would one get this Diamond briting done and are there any links etc to see examples.

pezza
11-01-2005, 02:58 PM
Oh just saw this thread and I gotta say that the car is simply .. superb...

Top call on the wagon.. u know it makes sense :D (ok thats not a cue to start another debate :-b )

Right place, right time.. sweet...

Congrats m8, u will definitely enjoy it...

Has that grin on yer face faded yet? I dont think so :thumb1:

jalford
11-01-2005, 09:53 PM
Nice looking car.

Will have to look into this Diamond Briting some more. :-b

Kieran
11-01-2005, 10:04 PM
Will have to look into this Diamond Briting some more. :-b

....Ditto What he said! Super Shiny! :-b