PDA

View Full Version : fog light switch

Scanny
19-08-2012, 09:28 PM
if i want to switch the rocker style front fog switch to a UK 2 button style is it as simple as swapping them over and running the wire for the rear fog up to the switch?

jbjonb
30-10-2012, 11:02 PM
should be mate i'm gonna do the same conversion...my jdm import has a silly lookin switch all you'll need is the uk switch and the terminal blaock from behind it...... if your happy tinkering with the electrics then go for it it's not a hard job but can be time consuming.......

Nick Mann
31-10-2012, 01:47 PM
I'm not sure it is quite so simple. I think Jason did this to his? foxdie

swinks
31-10-2012, 01:55 PM
I think Jason did this to his? foxdie
Oh... really? Or was he a copycat? ;)

SEARCH IS YOUR FRIEND :)
Here:
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?39076-Fog-lights-switch-swap-wiring-question/page2&highlight=fog+switch

swinks
31-10-2012, 02:07 PM
The best option is if you got double switch with plug and remains of wiring.
Then you can connect wiring as follow:
Black (stock loom) > Black (double switch)
Black (stock loom) > Ground for rear fogs
Blue > none (requires proper insulation)
Green/White > Green/White x2 (two wires), Red/Yellow, Red/Blue, Red/Black
Black/Yellow > Black/Yellow
Pink/1 Silver dot > Pink/1 Silver dot
rear fogs +12V feed > Pink/2 Silver dots

That's all.

Nick Mann
31-10-2012, 02:13 PM
Oh... really? Or was he a copycat? ;)

Tut-tut. Fancy someone copying an original idea! The complete and utter hooligan! :D

Scanny
31-10-2012, 07:36 PM
i have an electrician on standby for the job. the fog light switch is using the old hole that used to hold the touch sensor for the standard cobra alarm but the aftermarket alarm light has been drilled in next to it. i want that moved to the lower part of the steering column from the V6 as there is already a light there of similiar size next to the ignition switch which can be pulled out and replaced with the new light. the under dash panel will be replaced with the one from the V6 too. in fact, a lot of the interior will be nicked from the V6 due to the VR4 being a bit rough on the inside

foxdie
15-11-2012, 06:24 PM
Oi, I'm still watching from afar you know :P

I did do my own pinout from an hours research or so;