PDA

View Full Version : Bl**dy Hell

andyleaves
19-08-2012, 09:46 PM
Got a parking fine today, from a private supermarket carpark firm.
£45.00 18 mins late leaving, on a one hour limit.
Why because, some idiot had broken down in front of me so could not leave.
No evidence to prove otherwise, just photos in and out of the car park.
Nice pics though!

miller
20-08-2012, 08:59 AM
If its private then ignore it.

They will keep asking for the drivers name, this is a civil matter and not a criminal matter and even if it went to court your under no obligation to reveal the driver.

In essence the contract in the parking bay is between the driver and the parking company. If this cant be determined there is no case.

They will try and make the tickets seem as 'council' as possible, either noting them as PNC or very similar to the council's PCN's

Chris.W
21-08-2012, 03:53 PM
Don't pay. Similar thing happend to my dad, eventualy they will get board and forget about it.
The only people who can legaly fine you for parking are the council.

Gowf
21-08-2012, 04:01 PM
As said Council and the police are the only ones who can legally enforce it. It is purely civil so in essence they are suing you if they take you to court. Load of bollocks though, we have the car park partnership monkeys at the University patrolling and issuing fines. I personally love them and have taken great pleasure in getting as many as I can. I have words with the issuers and have pointed out the error of their ways etc, but they just keep telling me that I'l be ticketed. Thats fine by me.

One of the first ones I did write an appeal to them, and was told there was nothing I could do but pay the fine (my parking permit wasnt for the car I was in.... I have more than 1 car, and not buying a permit for each one as that is ridiculous!).

I've had various letters threatening to take me to court, but surprise surprise no court action. They will not do it as they make their money off people who believe these to be enforceable and pay the wild fines.

Haggisman
22-08-2012, 12:17 PM
It's very important you don't ignore this, and take the appropriate action!! I would suggest filing it under "B" for bin... ;)