PDA

View Full Version : 6a13tt loom/ecu

ex lancer
29-08-2012, 10:32 AM
is it posible to run a 6a13tt loom and ecu without the dash auto trans etc on the factory ecu?
im wanting to run the motor up without the dash, what signal wires will need to be livened up for the ecu to function propperly, the loom ive got i think is a auto, i see on the ecu pinout pin 91 has a variation for auto/man?
thanks for any who can help
lloyd

Davezj
29-08-2012, 01:22 PM
The car will start and run without the dash (speedo, rev counter, cluster) connected at all. no extra connection need to be made.
I have done it on my auto PFL before.

the dash purely monitors what is going on elsewhere in the car and by removing it you do not break any required signals.

or do you mean, run the engine when it is effectively not fitted to a car but with just the engine ecu and loom attached.

ex lancer
29-08-2012, 10:15 PM
im puting the motor into ex lancer, so im wanting to run the motor on the factory ecu untill i get the rest of the cage finished and the car prety much race worthy then ill wire a link g4 in.
is there anything to watch out for when powering up the ecu? i can see the 12v imputs, i assume pin 81 is an output? thanks for your help

Davezj
29-08-2012, 10:46 PM
i assume you are looking at this thread for the ecu pin out.
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?59222-Definitive-EFI-ECU-Pinout-(KS-Mod-friendly)&highlight=engine+ecu+pinout

pin 81 on here being the ignition switched +5v sensor supply, i am not sure. most of the sensors on the car are powered by 5V not 12V. so i would assume there must be a 12v to 5V converter built into the ecu, if that is true then yes i would say this is an output.

but you could test this by powering up the ecu with just gnd and power and see if a 5V is supplied on this pin.

ex lancer
30-08-2012, 02:02 AM
yup thats the pic, yeas thats true too. ill have a play and see what i find. thanks