PDA

View Full Version : Upgraded light wiring

LudviG
29-08-2012, 11:46 AM
I was thinking of trying to get some better lights off the Galant within whats legal. I have Osram Nightbreakers all the way, and was whinking of buying a premade wiring harness to take the power directly from the battery with ticker cables. Anyone know if this makes a difference?

The harness should be plug and play with relès, wire and plugs.

http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-8&q=biltema+kabelsett+for+lyskaster%3F

Is it worth it?

Davezj
29-08-2012, 01:18 PM
to see if it worth while useing a direct feed via relays from you battery, you need to measure the voltage at the bulb when it is on and then measure the battery voltage itself while the lights are on.
If there is a difference then yes it is worth useing a direct feed.
i would almost definitely say there will be a difference.

i am not saying kit you have linked to is worth buying, personally i would just buy 2 relays and wire it yourself. but if you are not confident of doingn that then a plug in kit of the corrt ttype would be a good idea.

LudviG
29-08-2012, 02:33 PM
Thanks Dave.

I also asked at the Norwegian Mitsubishi forum, and some of them had used this set. They said it worked very good, and with that price i would not get the relays and cable to do it myself :O

So i don't think it is worth it to do it myself, but these will just work on the H7 bulbs. So for the H1 bulbs i will need to make a harness myself.

Davezj
29-08-2012, 04:56 PM
£22 for that kit is great value for money.
i might see about getting one.

LudviG
30-08-2012, 01:40 AM
Do you got biltema over there?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Davezj
30-08-2012, 01:12 PM
there are a few ebay wiring kits available for HID wiring.
just search for "H7 Relay"

i am going to cut the HID connector off and fit standard H7 connectors or just insulated faston. they are only £6 delivered so it has to be worth it.

by the way i measred the difference in voltage at the bulb and at the battery and it was about 1V on my car so it should make the bulb slightly brighter with a direct feed from the battery.

the wiring comes with the fuse, relay and inline connector from the original wiring.job done!

upshotbravo
06-02-2015, 11:24 PM
Sorry to dig up a really old thread but when my VR4 was imported to Canada it was converted to the North american spec headlamps for importation approval and the guy who did it did an awful job, the entire system is a dogs breakfast... they cut away the harnesses and everything. Ive got the JDM spec housings here and was thinking of trying to sort it all out. If I aquired these wiring harnesses would that simplify my problem? can anyone specify which one to get? thanks1

Davezj
07-02-2015, 11:01 AM
Basically the harness gives you a left and a right bulb connection from a relay and fuse directly wired to the battery.
The only connection to the original loom you need to make is the pair of wires that would have originally gone the headlight bulb.
It uses that signal to switch on the relay.
If they have cut up the inner light loom (light closeest to the front grill) the outer light loom (light furthest away from the front grill) and the sidelight/daylight running loom then you will have to get 3 looms and do the same on each loom, just taking the relay switch on signal from the 3 different sources inner light outer light and side lights. But the side light probably does not need a direct battery feed for added power.

I used faston conectors to push on to the back of the bulb mounts (you have to file down the contact slightly to get the faston to fit) on the inner and outer lights the sidelight probably don't need more power to make the brighter as it is only a 5W bulb and not very bright anyway. I swapped my sidelight bulbs for cree led ones and they are much brighter with no wiring mods.
Just make sure you get original diameter led replacement bulb most on the market will not fit though the original size hole the sidelight bulb goes into. Wich is why I went for a single Cree led build, Not multiple small smd leds.

upshotbravo
07-02-2015, 05:42 PM
Thanks very much for your help!

I may have to get new bulb mounts/holders because they soldered the wiring to the connectors.

Davezj
10-02-2015, 10:24 AM
Just cut the wires from the bulb holder in to little 10cm tails and crimp on some in line male female faston crimps