PDA

View Full Version : Galant G8 Wagon 2.0, backbox

LudviG
30-08-2012, 10:34 AM
2 days after the MOT (Where i changed the flexpipe) my exhaust fell apart behind the backbox. So now i am looking for a new backbox. I want something with a bit more rumble than the stock exhaust, but of good quality so the car car is drivable without earplugs. But they have started to be picky on that on MOT's and technical inspections lately. They look for E-marking on the systems, even though sound is within the given limits. So many have had to change back to stock after using universal ones.

That makes me look for manufacturers that actually make bolt on ones for the car. The only manufacturer i have found so far is Remus. But here start my questions:

http://www.remusuk.com/model.asp?id=Hatch%202.0l%20100%20kW,%201997=%3E&mod=Galant&man=Mitsubishi

*Since the exhaust on the galant wafons are hidden behind the rear bumper, will this one go underneath? Cause that is what i want
*Hatch is wagon correct?

Also pondering if there are differences on the sedan and wagon back boxes besides the obvious ones. Since i want the exhaust tip to show, i will have to mount it further down than on the sedan, but is the lenght the same?

If anyone know of other manufacturers that makes backboxes for the galant wagon, please point me on their direction.

Edit: I would also appreciate if someone with asa could post a pic of both sedan and wagon backboxes from ASA.