PDA

View Full Version : Been playing with the new spray gun what do you think

h31met
30-08-2012, 01:27 PM
Had to respray the bonnet as it looked like some one had come along with some sand paper and started to take the paint off. So i got myself all the set up and painted thing. Went for a different colour as i did not want the problem of trying to match the colours up. What do you think?57400

Davezj
30-08-2012, 01:45 PM
not my choice of colour, but from what i can see in the pic the finish looks good.

have you done the full tailgate of just the spoiler?
if it is the full tailgate then i think it would look better if you do the roof as well, and do a flash down the side of the car, or is that going too far.

Badger_01
30-08-2012, 02:15 PM
Thats a really nice job there, well done man

h31met
30-08-2012, 04:09 PM
no not the whole tailgate. was thinking about doing the roof as well but thinking maybe to much. I am still thinking of doing the the door details, the ones about half way down the door, still thinking about it. I have also done the front to wheels if you saw.

Davezj
30-08-2012, 04:47 PM
i was going to suggest doing something with the wheels. i prsume you have lightend the paint up on the wheels as they only just look a slightly different colour than the rear wheels. kind of a hit of blue or a ghost blue.
but that could be to do with the angle of the picture.

h31met
30-08-2012, 04:53 PM
yes the angle of the picture is not to good to show off the wheels. I will post up another one when the sun is on them and you can then see the colour of them. There is blue in them. Its a mix i made up no sun they look kind of silver blue ish and when the sun is on them they be all shinny.

Davezj
30-08-2012, 05:43 PM
hope you kept some of the mix for touch ups, it can be a bitch to mix the right colour up again.

h31met
30-08-2012, 05:59 PM
oh yes did think of that and made enought to do all wheels and some left over.

hardarse
30-08-2012, 08:46 PM
looks good mate. definatly needs some more bits doing. maybe a pin stripe down the sides so it doesnt look to much like you have just bought the bonnet from a different coloured car

lancerevo3
30-08-2012, 09:38 PM
spray the whole car the same as the bonnet.nice colour but im not sure about just doing bits

h31met
30-08-2012, 10:13 PM
was thinking about doing the whole car the only problem is i do not have anywhere to put the car so it can be done. I had o make a spraying booth out of a old tent and bits just o do the bonnet.

lancerevo3
31-08-2012, 08:37 AM
surely find somewhere .it would look sweet in that colour

hardarse
31-08-2012, 07:59 PM
you dont need a spray booth mate. new spray booths are designed to keep the bad chemicals from getting out and contaminating the environment and people. all the spray businesses i know still knock and polish after paint to remove dirt. so if your not bothered about the environment. strip all the parts you can. get them ready for paint wait for a good dry, sunny and not so windy day and get them sprayed. do it quickly when no ones around because if someone complains you can get a nice big fine. if you want to do it in a closed area make sure you have an air fed fed mask as all the other type are no good without air ventilting. or you are risking your health. i know i am going on but i have been in painting business since leaving scholl. and that was a long time ago.