PDA

View Full Version : Door card fitting problem- arrrrrrrgh!

OrlandonOrtiz
06-09-2012, 11:28 PM
My friends;

I've read all threads related to this, but I found no tips to help me with this specific problem.

I removed my driver's side door card to clean the innards and to do some maintenance, but now I can't get it back in place!

The door card is "pre-assembled" with all clips and with the buttons and bezel in place. I can slide it over the "channel" on top of the door, but the "cup" in the bezel won't slide back into that metal frame.

It might be worthwhile to mention that I removed both grey metal frames from the door to remove some surface rust, and painted them. I am almost sure I screwed them back in the right position.

Does anyone have any tips on how to solve this? :-(

Cheers

elnevio
06-09-2012, 11:39 PM
What do you mean by bezel? The bit that you pull the door shut with?

Any pictures?

Davezj
06-09-2012, 11:56 PM
The post confused me a to what bits of he door he is talking about.

Picture would help a lot.

OrlandonOrtiz
07-09-2012, 01:36 AM
By bezel, I mean the plastic piece that is on top of the master window switch cluster:

It has that recessed part that resembles a "cup", and has a screw to hold it in place. I'm having trouble fitting the door card because of that part.

tails
07-09-2012, 03:23 AM
That shouldn't be installed in the door card when reattaching it. Reattach the door card with out the window switch panel and then install the window switch panel last once the door card is all clipped on.

elnevio
07-09-2012, 08:09 AM
That shouldn't be installed in the door card when reattaching it. Reattach the door card with out the window switch panel and then install the window switch panel last once the door card is all clipped on.

:iagree: That was what I was thinking initially, hence the clarification. /yes But it has been a few years since I removed the doorcards!

Scanny
07-09-2012, 09:00 AM
i swapped my doorcards a few months ago and as stated, fit the doorcard first and fit that panel last

OrlandonOrtiz
07-09-2012, 11:30 AM
Hmmmmmm, thanks for the replies, guys!
I will try that method.

This master window switch is kinda bulky and it goes in place very tightly, so I thought I had to fit it to the door card first.

I'll let you know if I succeed without breaking anything ;-)

Cheers