PDA

View Full Version : Electric Window issue

Wodjno
07-09-2012, 08:08 PM
Yes i have searched /yes

Issue with drivers window. It has a mind of it's own at the min! It goes up and down when it feels like it. More down than up, which is more the issue. It opens right down on its own and then i have to hold the switch in the close position to shut it, but when i let go it go's back down. So i have to keep hold of the button, switch off the ignition and wait until the immobiliser kicks in and shuts everything down, Then i can let go of the switch.
Well that was what it was doing earlier, but now power to the switch is very intermittent. So i have just been sat in the car for 25 mins waiting for the intermittent power to return, so i can get the window shut :( Thankfully it's shut now and will be ok until tomorrow,

But my question is? What controls the power to the window? Is it a dodgy switch unit? Or is it controlled by the ETACS unit?
I have spare of both, but i'm away for the weekend, so have no access to them :sick:

Any help much appreciated.

Wodj

elnevio
07-09-2012, 08:24 PM
GalantOnly might be your best bet for an answer - he seems to know these inside out. If you're getting no other symptoms though, I would have potentially thought that it's a dodgy switch?

BraindG
07-09-2012, 09:03 PM
I'd try changing the control thingi on the driver door, might have got wet.

Davezj
07-09-2012, 09:19 PM
Should only take 2 mins to change the door switch, just undo srews and pup door card off, undo the switch retaining screw and swap.

Or does the drivers door switch just pop out, without the need to remove the door card?

BraindG
07-09-2012, 09:20 PM
Yeah comes out without having to take door card off, just that screw in the hand grip.

Wodjno
07-09-2012, 09:22 PM
Cheers for replies.
Switch control not wet, but will swap over once home on Monday. Easiest of the two(Etacs) to change over.

Cheers

Wodj

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk 2

Davezj
07-09-2012, 09:22 PM
That's the one, so it really is a 2 min job.

GalantOnly
08-09-2012, 01:02 AM
The ETACS controlls the power to the windows throught the relay in the engine bay... But it sounds like the problem is in the switch