PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from NZ (from an ex-pat)

p1_
11-01-2005, 12:06 AM
Just to say hi there, just joined the forum today. Had my 1997 VR4 Legnum for a couple of years now. just started working on it. Big bore exhaust and Ralliart lower brace done so far. :D

Lots of VR4s around here, hardly saw any in the UK :( I ran a Celica GT4 up there, which was no slouch and moderately thirsty. Cant imaging how much it costs to run a VR4 on the UK petrol prices now!! Phew.

Planning hi-fi upgrade and wheels next.

Cheers

Trow
11-01-2005, 12:21 AM
Hey Buddy, Welcome to the club!! I am an Ex-Pat as well living in Wellington - I moved out here about 16 Month ago from Shetland, Uk. Glad to see you - We are having a NZ meeting with the evo club and Msport up in auckland on the 12 of Feb, hope you can make it so we can meet you :-D
take care..

p1_
11-01-2005, 09:18 AM
Hi Trow - thought I recognised the great big Kiwi fruit next to your car in the photos. Must have been at Te Puke. Anyway sounds good for Feb 12th in AKL - can you PM me the details along with any other club websites I should be looking at. cheers :-D

KiwiTT
11-01-2005, 09:00 PM
... any other club websites I should be looking at. cheers :-D

Join as a full member and you'll find this is the only site you will need.

Dan_G
11-01-2005, 11:41 PM
Hi,

Welcome to the club :)

Heres a question, and bear in mind my VR4 is sat outside as I sh!t myself because theres a hurricane blowing and I think of all the roof slates and cows that could be sucked up and despaced onto my bodywork :uhoh:

If I emmigrate to New Zealand can I export my car with me? Is it windy there?

Hmmm...... red wine gives me strange thoughts...... emmigrating to NZ not such a bad Idea.... :rolleyes5

Is there many creepy crawlys out there?

p1_
12-01-2005, 01:41 AM

Thanks - am planning to soon. Must admit this is the best one yet Ive seen. :D

p1_
12-01-2005, 01:47 AM
Hi,

Welcome to the club :)

Heres a question, and bear in mind my VR4 is sat outside as I sh!t myself because theres a hurricane blowing and I think of all the roof slates and cows that could be sucked up and despaced onto my bodywork :uhoh:

If I emmigrate to New Zealand can I export my car with me? Is it windy there?

Hmmm...... red wine gives me strange thoughts...... emmigrating to NZ not such a bad Idea.... :rolleyes5

Is there many creepy crawlys out there?

Windy? Only if you live in Wellington, the rest of the country is less so. You could export your car with you, but it would have to go through a compliance check when it arrives. Shouldnt present many issues though. Probably cheaper to buy one here anyway. You can pick them up from around GBP5000 here.

GReat place to live and work - less sophisticated maybe (no Next or old traditional pubs), but fantastic people, warmer climate and NO creepy crawlies. Just lots of Possums and sheep :laugh:

p1_
19-01-2005, 12:52 AM

Cheque is winging its way to the UK (my old stomping ground) as we speak - cant wait to get my pack :thumb1: :thumb1: :thumb1:

Spirit
24-01-2005, 11:27 AM
Cheque received and you're all set up as a full member mate - enjoy ! ;)

p1_
25-01-2005, 04:50 AM
Cheque received and you're all set up as a full member mate - enjoy ! ;)

:thumbsup: Thanks. Woohoo here we goooooooooo :thumbsup: