PDA

View Full Version : Just passed MOT, which is nice, but no MOT certificate issued?

Davezj
08-09-2012, 01:14 PM
Don't garages issue the proper VOSA certificate any more. I just got an A4 sheet that had the MOT info on.
he said it was all stored on line now and we don't issue the VSOA green certificate.

Is this true?
I know the info is stored online but no MOT certificate that is new to me.

Humpty's Revenge
08-09-2012, 01:29 PM
Don't garages issue the proper VOSA certificate any more. I just got an A4 sheet that had the MOT info on.
he said it was all stored on line now and we don't issue the VSOA green certificate.

Is this true?
I know the info is stored online but no MOT certificate that is new to me.

Garage standard issue now bud!

No proper mot cert

Erni902
08-09-2012, 02:37 PM
Yup thats all I got last year. To me it just makes it seem unprofessional but thats just me

TAR
08-09-2012, 08:07 PM
its still an MOT certificate, it's just not as colourful as it once was. The other thing I like is it lists the advisories on the one sheet, so sellers cant 'lose' that bit any more.

:happy:

Davezj
08-09-2012, 08:28 PM
Ok thanks for the info guys

I supose it is just a money saving thing as the info has been stored online since about 2005, 2007 ish, I think. So why not just have it online.

Nick Mann
08-09-2012, 10:15 PM
Some people don't have access to the internet. Strange but true!

Davezj
08-09-2012, 11:32 PM
On both accounts the advisories are a good thing to have on the sheet as a record, and as to everybody in the uk having access to the Internet hmmmm that is just not true.

It does ask the question what do the government actually know about Uk web access, and dial up is a joke if you remember what that was like.

elnevio
09-09-2012, 08:46 AM
Dial up used to be manageable. Trouble is, any website you visit now are much more catered towards those with broadband, and thus are data-heavy, giving dial up no chance of downloading pages. When I first started using eBay 10 years ago, I used to use a dial up connection. It was slow, yes, but not too bad.