PDA

View Full Version : Roofspoiler for Legnum/Glant Estate?

avander_be
11-01-2005, 11:51 AM
Hi all,

I noticed while wading thru the forum pictures that lot's of Legnum/Estates have a roofspoiler ( they seem to come in two shapes).

I was wondering where i could find the one seen for instance on adam_shaw's and kenneth's ( the other type like on interlec's is not my cup of tea really), would it be available as after-market or straight from mitsu?

tia. Avander

adam_shaw
11-01-2005, 12:35 PM
For the later Galants (MY2000) they changed the design of the roof spoiler, closer to the one of the VR4 not quite as big though.

The part number for that is MZ311647, with fitting kit, MZ311732 and the lamp (optional) MZ311675

It needs fitting and painting. Before I got my VR-4 I thought about getting one on my Sport, I was quoted abot GBP500 for painting/fitting/supply.

Be good,

A

J.A.P.
11-01-2005, 01:33 PM
For the later Galants (MY2000) they changed the design of the roof spoiler, closer to the one of the VR4 not quite as big though.

The part number for that is MZ311647, with fitting kit, MZ311732 and the lamp (optional) MZ311675

It needs fitting and painting. Before I got my VR-4 I thought about getting one on my Sport, I was quoted abot GBP500 for painting/fitting/supply.

Be good,

A

I got one from a German company on ebay for under £100 and was quoted £160 for painting and fitting by Mitsu dealer.... not sure which type it is though.... will try and find pics of the ones you refer to.

adam_shaw
11-01-2005, 01:53 PM
I've seen these, it's the pre-facelift shape (like Interlec's)

It's a question of taste I suppose, but I prefer the high level one.

A

J.A.P.
11-01-2005, 01:58 PM
I've seen these, it's the pre-facelift shape (like Interlec's)

It's a question of taste I suppose, but I prefer the high level one.

A

Haven't found a pic of Interlec's yet.... he seemed to be struggling to get his camera to work, but it is like the one on Pezza's lovely new motor, rather then the "shelf" one you're describing :D. Somewhere to balance your beer while your standing discussing your motor I suppose...

adam_shaw
11-01-2005, 02:31 PM
Exactly right.

Hmmm, beeer :rolleyes5

avander_be
11-01-2005, 02:35 PM
An image is worth a thousand words, i wan't the one that's on Sulli's new toy in this thread http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6521

Are these standard or optional, on what type/trim level are they fitted?

Nick Mann
11-01-2005, 03:17 PM
They are standard on post-facelift legnum VR4's.

avander_be
12-01-2005, 12:40 PM
I got one from a German company on ebay for under £100 and was quoted £160 for painting and fitting by Mitsu dealer.... not sure which type it is though.... will try and find pics of the ones you refer to.

Yes please, that would be of great help in my quest! Even the name of that company or an internet link make me happy...

TIA

J.A.P.
13-01-2005, 09:22 AM
Yes please, that would be of great help in my quest! Even the name of that company or an internet link make me happy...

TIA

I think we've decided that it's the type you don't want - (see pics of Pezza's new motor in the VR4 photos section) i.e. the the upside down U shape... If you've changed your mind, I can get you an email address.

avander_be
13-01-2005, 09:58 AM
Sorry about that, I wasn't paying attention there... :-D

you're right it's the straight one i'm after not 'the upside down U shape' as you call it. I've been Googlin for it in the past days but no luck so far... :sad3:

anyone knows if the straight one has a break light build in, this is not clear from the pictures i saw until now.

Nick Mann
13-01-2005, 10:49 AM
Nope. No brake light.