PDA

View Full Version : Help !

lisa
11-07-2003, 07:32 PM
Our car has broken down and I dont know what to do.

If you turn the ignition key it just clicks at me.
I ahev tried resetting the alarm to see if its the immobiliser but that does not work.

It started doing this intermittantly last week, but after a few attempts it would rectify itself and be ok.

Is there anything you suggest ?

Regards
Lisa:Cry1:

Brind
11-07-2003, 07:52 PM
Starter motor solenoid.
Bad/loose/broken earth connection to starter motor solenoid.

Or like you say something wrong with your alarm system.

BraindG
11-07-2003, 09:09 PM
as per email... i think its battery... you still got jap one in? it sucks ass, and any amount of messing with electrical side of the car INSERT INTO post VALUES (without the engine running) drains it at a very quick rate...

haydar
11-07-2003, 11:21 PM
Yes, if it's clicking then it's likely to be the battery. Single click is usually the starter motor.

Spirit
11-07-2003, 11:25 PM
Have to agree with Barry and Brind - could be starter motor or battery. Try putting it in gear and rock the car back and forth a little then try starting it. Then of course try jump leads on the battery and if it starts get the battery checked and replace if required.

Other than that it is possibly the alarm system. Does it arm/disarm correctly ? Try a new battery in the remote ?

Worst case find someone who is an RAC member and get them to call up saying they are in your car and get them to check it

Pete