PDA

View Full Version : Mirror lenses: Power Folding Mirrors X non-Power Folding Mirrors

OrlandonOrtiz
20-09-2012, 01:05 PM
Here's Mr. Orlando with another weird question.

I am planning on upgrading my wing mirrors to Power Folding ones. They're cheap-ish from Japan, they're easy to install (AFAIK, I just have to run the extra wires from the mirrors to the Mirror Switch) and they add a touch of class to any Galant.

The probem is: Japan and UK are LHD, and Brazil is RHD. Can I use the *mirror lenses* from my RHD non-power-folding mirrors on the LHD power-folding mirrors?

What are my options? :-)

Thanks again.

elnevio
20-09-2012, 01:12 PM
I would have thought so. As far as I know, the mirror sizes are identical, so it's probably just a case of swapping the mirrors across. A few RHD VR-4s have been converted to LHD, and I've not heard anyone mentioning mirrors as being a problem?

OrlandonOrtiz
20-09-2012, 01:22 PM
That's very good to know.

Do you by any chance know if the relay module is *needed* when adding Power Folding Mirrors to a Galant?

Reason I ask is I've read some successful stories about it being done by just wiring the mirrors back to the switch, and not using the relay module altogether. But I was wondering if there are any drawbacks to that.

Nick Mann
20-09-2012, 01:23 PM
The mirror housings are angled differently between lhd and rhd. Like Nev though, I'd expect the glass to be interchangeable.

OrlandonOrtiz
20-09-2012, 01:32 PM
Hummm, I wonder if the different angle will be a problem.