PDA

View Full Version : FS: Various VR4 bits on eBay (same seller)

Spirit
11-01-2005, 09:51 PM
Same company has a few used bits for sale - the bits will either come from Hong Kong or Japan so postage is a bit pricey but could still be of interest to some of you:

Front Grille : HERE (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7946368953&category=33645)

Dashboard Cluster: HERE (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7943729466&category=33591)

Wood console + climate control: HERE (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7943736000&category=33695)

Pair of headlights: HERE (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7947005411&category=33710)

Kieran
11-01-2005, 09:59 PM
Regarding the wood panel with the climate control.... :stare: :veryangry

/Cue Kieran Dusting off the soapbox... :soapbox:

WHY, oh bloody WHY do breakers like this INSIST on just chopping cables off? For Feck's sake!!! :soapbox: :furious3: Would it REALLY be too much to ask for them to remove it carefully, or at least take pictures before they take the hacksaw to it?! :thumbsdow

I think half of these bloody sellers know that most mere mortals without the wiring diagrams haven't got a cat in hell's chance of rewiring it correctly and hope to sell it to some poor unsuspecting mug!!! GRRRR!!!! :arse: :soapbox: :furious3: :wall:

Spirit
11-01-2005, 10:14 PM
Agree with your sentiments Kieran, but I guess most people would be simply using their existing wiring anyhow so maybe they just can't be bothered.

Kieran
11-01-2005, 10:22 PM
I guess so.... :sad3:

/Takes another dose of anti-soapbox pills... :$ :$

Legnum Boy
11-01-2005, 10:25 PM
I NEED THAT CONSOLE BIT......... :-b :-b :-b
/gets ready to bite arms off

Anyone know if the plugs on my existing MMCS (old style) will directly fit that air con controller or am I gunna have to cut and splice randomly?

Kieran
11-01-2005, 10:29 PM
Anyone know if the plugs on my existing MMCS (old style) will directly fit that air con controller or am I gunna have to cut and splice randomly?

I'll find out for you.... As I have that style air con controller, and an MMCS head unit that's sat here waiting for me to do something with it! :$ Can wait untill the weekend? I don't want to dismantle the dash before then unless you're desperate. :)

Nick Mann
11-01-2005, 11:04 PM
:sad3:

The weekend is too late, Kieran. Infact, NOW is too late.

Legnum Boy
11-01-2005, 11:35 PM
:sad3:

The weekend is too late, Kieran. Infact, NOW is too late.

:-D :-D :-D

No rush Kieran, I reckon 20+ days til it arrives.. ;)

There goes my impulsive streak again.... :rolleyes5 :laugh:

Nick Mann
11-01-2005, 11:36 PM
LOL!

Didn't realise it was you! :p

Legnum Boy
12-01-2005, 01:00 AM
I have noticed that the guy is also selling the double din stereo unit which fits the bit of dash I have just bought.

I already have a single din version of this, but most of the controls for this single din unit are displayed on the touchscreen.

I figure that I could buy the double din unit, and it should work with the standard cd changer thats in the boot.

Or, should I just buy a single din aftermarket head unit, new boot/underseat changer and fit some custom gauges in the spare din socket?

Nick Mann
12-01-2005, 10:58 AM
Or buy an aftermarket double-din unit. There are some interesting (if expensive) choices around!

Or go down the BDA MMCS route!

Spirit
12-01-2005, 11:17 AM
Or fit a DVD player in the second din slot and some screens in your headrests :-b

Legnum Boy
12-01-2005, 04:02 PM
Now theres a mod the mrs. would probably not moan about, or my daughter for that matter... :)

Roadrunner
12-01-2005, 05:58 PM
I have noticed that the guy is also selling the double din stereo unit which fits the bit of dash I have just bought.
I have that model of double DIN head unit in my car. Runs a 10-stack CD player in the boot well, also has cassette tape and AM/FM radio. You'd need a radio waveband expander for it (around £20, plugs in the aerial socket) unless you're happy listening to Radio 2 all day ;)

Polabear
12-01-2005, 07:03 PM
Same company has a few used bits for sale - the bits will either come from Hong Kong or Japan so postage is a bit pricey but could still be of interest to some of you:

Pair of headlights: HERE (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7947005411&category=33710)

Me do like Dem Black lights.... :smitten:

Nick Mann
12-01-2005, 11:33 PM
Only true JDM VR4's have the black housing.

Err.... Why have I never seen any then? But they do look different! I'd need to see them on the car to decide if they were good or not. Shame the indicator still has the orange lens.

And on the topic of the double-din head unit, I'm sure there was one posted on the site a while back that was a TV screen mounted on a DVD player. So no need for a messy additional screen in the front of the car!

Kieran
12-01-2005, 11:43 PM
Err.... Why have I never seen any then? But they do look different! I'd need to see them on the car to decide if they were good or not. Shame the indicator still has the orange lens.

Am I being a prat here?! :dunce:

What's all this 'Black Housing' malarky about? Apart from the integrated indicators, the headlamp housings look no different to Hordak's?! :headsc:

Nick Mann
12-01-2005, 11:47 PM

What's all this 'Black Housing' malarky about? Apart from the integrated indicators, the headlamp housings look no different to Hordak's?! :headsc:

Oh yeah! :dozey:

They are the same as mine!! :dunce:

:$

Polabear
13-01-2005, 08:50 AM

Maybe its my ageing eyesight Kieran, but if you look hard at them then all of the inside of the shell apart from the reflectors also look black, it even makes the lenses look like they are slightly smoked....

Legnum Boy
15-01-2005, 12:30 PM
:-D :-D :-D

No rush Kieran, I reckon 20+ days til it arrives.. ;)

Well, that was an over estimation. It arrived yesterday. :rolleyes5
All the way from Japan. And packaged well, too.
Mitsubishi need to learn how to ship stuff like an Ebayer... :p

Will be attacking my dashboard in a bit, now. :-D

Where did Kierans last dashboard removal thread get to???? :$

Legnum Boy
15-01-2005, 06:20 PM
Good News Everyone.

The old style MMCS connectors fit the separate aircon controller perfick.
And, better still, removing the MMCS did not affect the working of the stereo. :)
Still might get the double din thats for sale, as it would just round things up nicely... :-b

I have kept the old surround wood bit, screen, aircon bit, and bootmount satnav cd thing, if anyone needs a spare bit. :D