PDA

View Full Version : GFB Stealth FX

Dan_G
11-01-2005, 11:29 PM
Heres a few pics comparing the original recurculating Dump Valve with my new Stealth FX.

Out of interest I Fitted the adittional 35mm Inlet adaptor as shown in the pics...

Fits great..... and can sound as quite or as loud as you like.... :-D

One thing I did notice is that you have to set the pre-load quite high to close the piston quicker on de-accelerationand unsure no stuttering/small backfires.

All in all this is one well engineered piece of kit... I like it alot....

Legnum Boy
11-01-2005, 11:45 PM
Nice.
I have been thinking about getting a BOV, but have instead turned the stock recirc valve backwards.
Now I get that cool choppy sound.
I will get round to recording it and posting it here, at some point. :thumbsup:
Simple mod thats used by the MLR guys quite often.
Just swap the two intake pipes over. Takes a few mins at most.

Dan_G
12-01-2005, 12:00 AM
Nice.
I have been thinking about getting a BOV, but have instead turned the stock recirc valve backwards.
Now I get that cool choppy sound.
I will get round to recording it and posting it here, at some point. :$
Simple mod thats used by the MLR guys quite often.
Just swap the two intake pipes over. Takes a few mins at most.

How can it pull enough of a vacuum on the diaphram to fight both the preload spring and all the boost pushing on the valve to actually open it?

are you sure its opening at all ? Could the noise you hear not just be turbo chatter with it chopping up all the non vented pressurised air? leading perhaps to Stalling of your turbos?

Can you explain the method of this as I would say it cant work too well. It might dump a very small amount of air/boost in a short space of time; if any.

Legnum Boy
12-01-2005, 12:09 AM
It doesn't open at all.... hence the choppy sound as the airpressure fights back against the turbines.... :-b
I know lots of people are divided on the adverse affects that this could have on the turbo's lifespan etc. etc.
My 200sx has a Garret T25, that has lasted for 140,000 miles without the need for a dumpvalve.

And if the turbos do give up after a while, it will be the perfect chance to change them for something a little bigger.... /yes

Dan_G
12-01-2005, 10:46 AM
It doesn't open at all.... hence the choppy sound as the airpressure fights back against the turbines.... :-b
I know lots of people are divided on the adverse affects that this could have on the turbo's lifespan etc. etc.
My 200sx has a Garret T25, that has lasted for 140,000 miles without the need for a dumpvalve.

And if the turbos do give up after a while, it will be the perfect chance to change them for something a little bigger.... :-D

Ahh, Right..... I getcha...... :-D

Kenneth
12-01-2005, 08:56 PM

And if the turbos do give up after a while, it will be the perfect chance to change them for something a little bigger.... :-D

What boost are you running? I'm running stock, and while I get the chopping its not very loud...

Legnum Boy
12-01-2005, 10:17 PM
I have a HKS Super Power Flow filter, which massively increases the chopping.

I am running 0.9 Bar, and the noise is quite loud in the cabin, considering its coming through the bulkhead and soundproofing.
Its not any louder from when I was at standard boost though.
In multi-storey carparks or tunnels, the noise is amplified nicely and certainly turns heads of those around. (Thats when the exhaust note isn't setting off car alarms left, right and centre... :evil2: :drummer: )

Wodjno
21-03-2005, 02:17 PM
Heres a few pics comparing the original recurculating Dump Valve with my new Stealth FX.

Out of interest I Fitted the adittional 35mm Inlet adaptor as shown in the pics...

Fits great..... and can sound as quite or as loud as you like.... :-D

One thing I did notice is that you have to set the pre-load quite high to close the piston quicker on de-accelerationand unsure no stuttering/small backfires.

All in all this is one well engineered piece of kit... I like it alot....

Good buy Dan .. I fitted one of these to my car last October .. Has a superb sound and as you say can be as loud or as quiet as u like ..( mine is the full chrome one ) :thumbsup: