PDA

View Full Version : Barry - see this!

Nick Mann
11-01-2005, 11:52 PM
Please follow this link.

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6567

But maybe we should discuss it here rather than annoy our friend Atom any more? :$

BraindG
12-01-2005, 08:44 AM
yah, its a great idea..
dont know how much time i can spend on it though..
Just spent last couple weeks decorating baby room.
now my parents are here, and next week betty's parents arrive, so ill have a full house for about a month :rolleyes5
unless someone else is a dab hand at flash, i'd have to leave it for now.

maybe i could ask my mate, he does flash stuff for a living.. would take him minutes i recon.. saying that though, not seen him online for about 3 weeks :(

enigma
12-01-2005, 09:10 AM
Hmmmmm, cant you do mpg to flash? Or even jp g to flash........would be kinda easy I think!

BraindG
12-01-2005, 09:26 AM
Hmmmmm, cant you do mpg to flash? Or even jp g to flash........would be kinda easy I think!

Sounds like someones jus talked themselves into a job /shifty eyes /runs out of room :D

Nick Mann
12-01-2005, 10:45 AM
Sounds like someones jus talked themselves into a job /shifty eyes /runs out of room :D

LOL!

I wasn't thinking it was urgent, but it is a nice touch! Maybe Atom would donate what he has as a starting platform? Or would it be easier to start from scratch.

Decorating Baby Rooms. Now that is scary! :rolleyes5

BraindG
12-01-2005, 11:37 AM
Decorating Baby Rooms. Now that is scary! :rolleyes5

Ach, its not so bad.. quite exciting actually.. a little mini me, or mini betty arriving soon :baby:

Funny thing is that, another person on my team is having her baby within same week as ours, and another guy just had their baby. So both of us are like, wow, 1 hour sleep lastnight huh.. /look at each other /gulp :rolleyes5 :dozey:

enigma
12-01-2005, 11:01 PM
OK......heres one I threw together!!!!

FLASH (http://homepage.ntlworld.com/david.akers/new_page_13.htm)

The video didn't come out as expected.....but hey, its my first go!

Nick Mann
12-01-2005, 11:10 PM
For a first go, that's awesome!!!

:beerbang:

Me like!

Kieran
12-01-2005, 11:11 PM
For a first effort Dave, that is very good indeed! Flash is not the easiest thing to learn!!! Great job... :-b

enigma
12-01-2005, 11:14 PM
I kinda cheated and used an avi to flash converter.......but it messes a bit with the timing due to the lower frame rate :dozey:

Oh well, I like the concept but the finished item is not great......but it only took 30 mins and some processing!

Jimbo
13-01-2005, 12:32 AM
Wow, great job, that could easily turn into something truly fantastic.

Inspired choice in music too :)

BraindG
13-01-2005, 09:14 AM
Aye boy :D really really cool!

The only thing i would suggest is to change the starting fonts..
to something plain and simple.. nothing fancy.

enigma
13-01-2005, 09:22 AM
Anything is possible really! I sat down and literally threw it together last night. I used a combination of a photo editor and Adobe Premiere to compile a video (the timing is much better in the avi!) then an avi to flash converter to get the flash file. It really is easy, just need appropriate pics/video footage/music and inspiration!

This has rekindled my interest in doing a DVD, but getting all the tapes in one place may cause a logistical nightmare!

BraindG
13-01-2005, 09:24 AM
Anything is possible really! I sat down and literally threw it together last night. I used a combination of a photo editor and Adobe Premiere to compile a video (the timing is much better in the avi!) then an avi to flash converter to get the flash file. It really is easy, just need appropriate pics/video footage/music and inspiration!

Nah, its really smart dave.. /thumbsup

This has rekindled my interest in doing a DVD, but getting all the tapes in one place may cause a logistical nightmare!

/cough mini meet :rolleyes5

Shade
16-01-2005, 11:49 PM
Barry!

Good to see this thread contains spam about babies, which means things are still going well - drop me a mail sometime, would like to catch up.

Sorry for thread hijacking, I tried to send a pm but couldn't ..

BraindG
17-01-2005, 10:48 AM
Hey! :D

Ill try my best, dont get much time to myself these days..
my parents, and betty's parents are here for some time :(

ill send you mail from work actually, seeing as thats the only time i never do anything.. oh, hang on.. thats not right.. /cough... ill send you an email from work, when i manage to find some time, inbetween all this hard work im doing...

/boss walks away.

.. hehe, nm, ill send you a mail just now :p

Shade
19-01-2005, 01:14 AM
Where's my mail, you damn slack0r?! Sending it "right now" huh? :)

Can't remember your work mail else I'd spam you first.

Shade
25-01-2005, 11:16 PM
Barry, can you flick me your mail via pm maybe?

Forc
14-03-2005, 03:52 PM
I kinda cheated and used an avi to flash converter.......but it messes a bit with the timing due to the lower frame rate :dozey:

Oh well, I like the concept but the finished item is not great......but it only took 30 mins and some processing!

I think you did it with wrong converter. I'm using only video to flash converter and always satisfied in quality. http://www.geovid.com/video_to_flash_converter