PDA

View Full Version : Driving a VR-4 without propshaft connected?

crazydriver81
28-09-2012, 09:30 PM
As above, is it possible?

I need to get my car dyno'ed and struggle to find a 4WD rolling road. So is it possible to disconnect the propshaft and get the car dyno'ed on a 2WD rolling road?

Scanny
28-09-2012, 09:36 PM
i hoped for this option when my rear diff was poorly. apparently the front of the prop shaft goes into the gearbox so removing that end will result in losing your gear oil. removing the rear will leave the whole shaft flailing around under the car as it has nothing to hold it in place

aboo
28-09-2012, 10:33 PM
This has been talked about before but can't remember the threads. I think it is possable to remove the front ones but you will loose fluid from the transfer box so you would have to seal up the holes some how but don't see the point to be honest cause you wont get a true reading.

GT40-Steven
28-09-2012, 10:36 PM
What's the use to dyno the car with only front wheels driving unless you can stop the power distribution to the rear in the transfer box?

wintertidenz
29-09-2012, 02:41 AM
It can also burn out the diff in the transfer case IIRC.

blodeaxe
29-09-2012, 04:11 AM
When I brought my VR4 acceleration was so piss poor..... seriously anything would smoke me at the stop lights
"turned out the tail gear in the diff was completely stripped sending no power to the rear"

Drove it around like that for about 3 months at times even over 180km/hr.

But when i finally came round to having it fixed. Wow like night and day....seems like it was wasting power before....like a slipping clutch which I guess would be the vicious in the diff
Slowly sending more an more power to the front wheels until it drove normally.

Adam.Findlay
29-09-2012, 05:56 AM
NO you cannot do this!
you will fry you center lsd!
only way to run rwd, is to take your gearbox apart. weld your center diff closed and remove your front axles and replace them with blanks so the oil wont leak out,
also putting all the power through gears only desgined to take half the engines load will only end in tears. trust me, been there done that.

crazydriver81
29-09-2012, 07:58 AM
Thanks for your input guys. It's hard to find a 4WD rolling road so I thought this might be an option...

Kenan
02-10-2012, 07:04 PM
Thanks for your input guys. It's hard to find a 4WD rolling road so I thought this might be an option...

:veryangry I know this and when you find one then it´s sooo expensive here
the one in my near costs 189€ one run /wall

Ryan
02-10-2012, 08:59 PM
costs 189€ one run /wall

Wahnsinn!

Twingoman
03-10-2012, 08:20 PM
Did u find some 4wd rolling road???

isnt that one ok for u crazy???

http://www.kraftprobe.com/

120Euro above 200kw ^^ ...

crazydriver81
03-10-2012, 08:27 PM
I found the guys earlierm but they do not make runs on Saturdays. But anyhow, car is now FULLY complied and I will make a rolling road day next year :)

Twingoman
03-10-2012, 08:39 PM
okay :) ...

did u also got the engine in ur papers??? i got TÜV since last thursday .. jippiiiie :) ... but i was @ an other one cause my collegue didnt got time for me ...

I was @ a tüv-station and all is fine