PDA

View Full Version : Greetings

Vector
12-01-2005, 03:49 AM
Hi all ... :-D
just thought i'd join in the little party you got going on in here ;)

must admit i've found it most helpful so far

btw i'm currently seeking a VR-4 Legnum ...and (as i'm sure you are all aware)...... that rocking horse **** is easier to find ....
found one in bristol for 9k with 60k on the clock and that seems pretty high to me ...or am i being unrealistic?
If anyone has any links or numbers that i could try to source one please do tell
Hopefully track down a good example within a few weeks :D
maybe next time i post i'll be the proud owner of one
keep up the good work in here :-b

KiwiTT
12-01-2005, 04:12 AM
Good Luck ... They are as rare as hen teeth in the UK.

I got one without a service history in NZ for NZ$15,000 - 1996 with 50,000 miles.
I spent another $2,000 to get it fully serviced.

I am a Happy VR-4 owner

Legnum Boy
12-01-2005, 05:43 AM
13 for sale on Autotrader at the moment.

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/WWW/cars_search.asp?modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_full&make=MITSUBISHI&model=LEGNUM&min_pr=75&max_pr=&postcode=al7+1qa&miles=1500&max_records=50&source=0&sort=3&ukcarsearch_full=SEARCH ;)

Getting one the right spec might mean waiting a bit longer though.
You may have to travel to the ends of the country to get the one you want as well. :rolleyes:

Good Luck

Nick Mann
12-01-2005, 11:06 AM
Search on the autotrader website for mitsubishi, any model, VR4 (in the model variant box, or whatever it's called), national results.

Then repeat with VR-4.

Normally that'll bring up 20-30 results total, with about two thirds being estates. Good luck in your search!

£9k for 60,000 miles is not enough info to say whether it is good or bad. In the UK they were approx £30k new, so age makes a big difference too. Also bear in mind any modifications you want to do. If it has them already you don't have to fork out. But power modifications I would be cautious about - boost controllers are a great way of destroying engines if you are unlucky, greedy or lacking in understanding!

Where abouts in the midlands are you?

/edit: there is one 'galant vr4 estate' and two of 'galant vr-4 estate'. So 16 in total!

Vector
13-01-2005, 12:11 AM
ta for the info
i thought you'd be able to shed some light on the subject
as for my midlands location...i'm in Burton-on-trent near Derby if thats any help ....the search goes on ..watch this space :-D

Brunty
13-01-2005, 01:13 AM
Welcome.....good luck....hope it works out!

You certainly couldn't have found a more helpful forum to start with.

Brunty

Sulli
13-01-2005, 10:51 PM
Welcome - was in same position as you just a week ago, managed to find a mint Ralliart VR4, through a bit of luck, and a lot of searching via various forums on net and Autotrader etc.

There are two in Leicester, not far from you, in the trader - one I saw, in Leicester city centre (see my post on Auto-Couture), which was OK ish, but way over-priced - keep an eye on it for a price drop, or call him and say you noticed it'd been for sale for a number of weeks, may get a couple of grand off!!!! the other is £6995 for a 97, P reg. http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/WWW/cars_search.asp?modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_full&make=MITSUBISHI&model=LEGNUM&variant=&keywords=&min_pr=75&max_pr=&mileage=&agerange=&postcode=cv6+1ed&miles=40&max_records=50&source=0&photo=1&sort=3&ukcarsearch_full=SEARCH

Most for sale seem to be with traders, though there was a white one for sale in Birmingham on autotrader the other day - private sale, but nearly £15k! Personally i prefer to buy private, you may be different.

Look for as much history as possible (bit difficult with imports I know, but look for cambelt service at least), or save for a Ralliart one with full history - safer buy IMO

And good luck - it's worth the wait, and don't be tempted to buy the first you see. Try and be objective, and actively look for faults on common things.

Spirit
13-01-2005, 11:57 PM
Welcome to CVR4 Vector and good luck in your hunt ;)

Vector
14-01-2005, 12:07 AM
hi guys ...
just got in and found one
heres the add:-
2001 MITSUBISHI Gallant VR4 2.5 Twin
Turbo Estate, Y reg. 28000 miles, silver, Ralliart cream leather, auto/Tiptronic, FMSH, CD, ES, EM, 1 owner, MOT July 05, Active Yaw control, 4 wheel drive, roof bars, factory tints, Nardi wood/leather steering wheel, alarm/immobiliser, wood pack, super and immaculate. £11,995.

not quite sure on the interior matching the exterior (would of thought a dark interior would look better) waddayafink? plus its right on my limit :rolleyes5

ritch_w
14-01-2005, 10:36 AM
hi guys ...
just got in and found one
heres the add:-
2001 MITSUBISHI Gallant VR4 2.5 Twin
Turbo Estate, Y reg. 28000 miles, silver, Ralliart cream leather, auto/Tiptronic, FMSH, CD, ES, EM, 1 owner, MOT July 05, Active Yaw control, 4 wheel drive, roof bars, factory tints, Nardi wood/leather steering wheel, alarm/immobiliser, wood pack, super and immaculate. £11,995.

not quite sure on the interior matching the exterior (would of thought a dark interior would look better) waddayafink? plus its right on my limit :rolleyes5

The price is right!!! i paid the same for a ralliart saloon with 47K in dec 04

if the car is straight with no faults - go for it!!!!!!
:thumbsup: