PDA

View Full Version : Flex wipers

Buzz Fuzz
06-10-2012, 04:36 PM
Guys,

Where do you get your flex wipers/normal wipers?

Thanx in advance.

horndog
06-10-2012, 05:24 PM
I bought mine from ebay, This (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/21-18-Front-Aero-Exact-Fit-Flat-Wiper-Blades-Beam-Car-Window-Windscreen-New-/330706278329?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3AGalant&hash=item4cffa157b9&_uhb=1#ht_1364wt_1163) kit I think, had em about 15 months / 7000 miles and OK so far

Wobble
06-10-2012, 05:36 PM
my last set came from tesco's cost about £3 if i recall and where great .

Scanny
06-10-2012, 05:59 PM
I bought mine from ebay, This (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/21-18-Front-Aero-Exact-Fit-Flat-Wiper-Blades-Beam-Car-Window-Windscreen-New-/330706278329?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3AGalant&hash=item4cffa157b9&_uhb=1#ht_1364wt_1163) kit I think, had em about 15 months / 7000 miles and OK so far

my car had them fitted when i bought it. the front wipers are great but they are designed for a curved screen. the rear one didnt touch the glass apart from right on the end of the wiper. i swapped it with the V6 as it was totally useless on the rear screen

Confused
08-10-2012, 08:37 AM
I've got a full set (front and rear) of the genuine Bosch ones on my Legnum, my mum's MX5 (front only obviously!) and the girlfriend's Fiesta.

Absolutely fantastic, the best wipers I've ever had on any car, and I won't be buying anything else.

I got them from the motor factors my dad uses, so they're not Ebay prices, but they are 100% genuine, and worth the money.

All you need to remember is to keep your windscreen clean for them to work their best...

Davezj
08-10-2012, 01:38 PM
i bought some dunlop or goodyear ones i can't remeber which from costco, they only sell one type. They are rubbish, as soon as you get to 65ish on the motorway they lift off the screen.

very dangerous. they are symetrical about the length of the blade with the wing bit repeated on the front and the back of the blade so they can be fitted either way round. but it does not matter which way round you fit them they still lift off the screen. very bad.

giblet
10-10-2012, 04:07 PM
I've got a full set (front and rear) of the genuine Bosch ones on my Legnum, my mum's MX5 (front only obviously!) and the girlfriend's Fiesta.

Absolutely fantastic, the best wipers I've ever had on any car, and I won't be buying anything else.

I got them from the motor factors my dad uses, so they're not Ebay prices, but they are 100% genuine, and worth the money.

All you need to remember is to keep your windscreen clean for them to work their best...

Are they the aerotwin ones? They seem to be highly rated by a lot of people. I'm in need of some new wipers and after measuring my current ones it seems a set of 22" drivers, 19" passengers and 17" rear would come to 45 quid or so. Steep but worth it I guess

Atik
10-10-2012, 04:36 PM
Like Confused , I used to have the genuine Bosch ones and coupled with Rainex on the windscreen, you cannot go wrong. Got the same ones on this car at the moment and though they are the same make, they are older and the rubber has split in multiple sections so it smears! Must get around to fitting the old ones back on and Rainex-ing up for the wetter weather.

Confused
11-10-2012, 07:56 AM
Are they the aerotwin ones? They seem to be highly rated by a lot of people. I'm in need of some new wipers and after measuring my current ones it seems a set of 22" drivers, 19" passengers and 17" rear would come to 45 quid or so. Steep but worth it I guess

Yeah they are the Aerotwin ones. Utterly fantastic :) Expensive, yes... but well worth the money.

Atik
11-10-2012, 09:49 AM
Managed to fit the Bosch ones on the car this morning, in the rain! Wow, I'd forgotten how silent they were when in good order. Nice clean screens in the rain this morning and not smeary mucky screen.

MarkSanne
12-10-2012, 08:52 AM
I have a set of the Bosch Aerotwins on the (LHD) VR2: great!

I bought another set of Bosch Aerotwins for the Legnum (RHD): worthless!
But that's because the wipers are mounted reversed and the Bosch wiper that we have/buy over here are designed for LHD cars and to catch the wind and press them even moreso to the windscreen from that mounting position. As these wipers have a LHD design the will actually do an increasingly bad job as you drive faster. So if you buy the Bosch ones, buy them in the UK! I've bought a set of Valeo Compact Revolution blades in the UK from wiperblades.co.uk. They do the job quite good, but not as good as the Bosch' do on the VR2.

fassi1
12-10-2012, 07:05 PM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230780855612?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
I go this set and they are perfect