PDA

View Full Version : AYC and ATF Fluid Checks

Sulli
13-01-2005, 10:11 AM
Are there dipsticks for the above?
I wanted to check them before and after Mistibushi do the changes on them, to check a proper flush is done.
Cheers :)

adam_shaw
13-01-2005, 04:58 PM
Hiya,

The ATF dipstick is down between the intake and the battery (a bit of a squeeze)

Procedure for checking this is, short drive ~10 minutes to ensure fluid is warm.

Park, cycle box through all selector positions with foot on brake, back to Park

Remove dipstick and check level in the time honoured way - the cold mark is more or less pointless (Mitsi say it's only for reference), the one we're interested in is the HOT mark

AYC dipstick is in the rear quarter panel.

With tailgate up, remove little carpet panel on right side of luggage compartment.

You'll see a small reservoir.

The dipstick is attached to the lid.

Easy eh?

Hope you're enjoying the car,

Adam

Sulli
13-01-2005, 08:40 PM
Cheers Adam.
Yep - sounds easy enough - if you know where to look ;)
I'll check it out tomorrow.
Oh, and yes, I am enjoying the car...... a lot :D

Nick Mann
13-01-2005, 09:21 PM
Stu - there's some EXCELLENT info in the members area, and freebies are bound to dry up soon.......

;) :p

adam_shaw
13-01-2005, 09:26 PM
Yeah, sorry forgot..... :lipsrseal

Not supposed to give technical info to non-members [Bad Adam]......

.....at least not without a big plug for membership, the best £20 you'll ever spend :D

Thanks for pointing out the error of my ways Nick :bobby:

A

Kieran
13-01-2005, 09:32 PM
Heyyyyy Adam... We're not forcing people or anything! :greedy: :$

It's just that there is some useful stuff in the members only area... And I think Stu, as someone who is considering DIY jobs on his VR-4, would find the technical articles, the information that's been distilled by Richard (Physician) into our club library and access to things like CAPS and the workshop manuals, worthwhile.. :)

Sulli
13-01-2005, 09:36 PM
This membership thing is a bit hard sell :rolleyes5

I appreciate you are trying to big up the club, but I have just spent a **** load of cash on the car, oil change, extra security and a service in the next couple of weeks at Mitsubishi - I don't have a spare £20!!!

I have had performance cars for years, and used similar forums, and have never been pressurised to join, especially by people witholding info from non-paying members.

This seems like a decent club, and to be honest I probably will join when I have some spare cash, but it's the last thing i am looking to spend £20 on at the minute - my family, then getting my car sorted are more of a priority.

So please, calm down on the hard-sell - nice and friendly will have much better results. Saying that - I appreciate all of the advice so far, and don't want to sound unappreciative (which I probably do, but I don't mean to). Thanks for all advice so far, and all to come (free or otherwise ;) :lolz: )

adam_shaw
13-01-2005, 09:38 PM
Ooooopppssssss...... :$

Sorry, that was an attempt at humour.....

[Been in Germany too long]

/Excuses made, thinks about getting coat but remembers what a nice bunch we all are/

enigma
13-01-2005, 09:52 PM
but it's the last thing i am looking to spend £20 on at the minute - my family, then getting my car sorted are more of a priority.

Fair doos, but £20 is not a lot of cash considering the savings you have already made ;)

I appreciate people are none too willing to part with the hard earned, but at the end of the day its what keeps the site running..........

We do try to keep such gems for the members area, but as you have found we are all very enthusiastic and cant help but help people. No one is trying to be rude asking for your money, but at the end of the day the site wouldn't exist without it!

Sulli
13-01-2005, 10:09 PM
How much will it cost me?

Great Britain and Ireland: £20.00
Rest Of Europe: 20 euros = £14.00 sterling
New Zealand: $20 NZ = £7.50 sterling
Anyone named Stu: Entitled to £10 payment for charm, good looks and charismaDid i tell you I was a Kiwi?

Nick Mann
13-01-2005, 10:13 PM
:lolz:

PMSL!!

7/10 for effort!

Sulli
13-01-2005, 10:14 PM
Discount for bare-faced cheek? :p

Nick Mann
13-01-2005, 10:15 PM
I think there may be a new category.

'Anyone named 'Stu' - Priceless'! :p

Sulli
13-01-2005, 10:17 PM
There already is ;)

Spirit
13-01-2005, 11:35 PM
All comments are welcome Stu, but on the reverse side of your comments one of the reasons many people join is to gain access to many money saving tips and hints and as moderators we have a duty to protect their interests by asking for free information to be kept to a minimum.

If we choose to withold info from non-members then I feel that's the members decision. Ask anyone who has joined if the membership fee was fair and I am confident 95% or more would say it's worth every penny.

Anyhow, should you choose to join or not that's your decision but we make no apology for pushing membership - without it we do not exist.

Until you can afford to join, have fun and enjoy the car ;)