PDA

View Full Version : Windows in a Legnum

JimT
15-10-2012, 03:52 PM
Can anyone tell me if the tint film to the windows is applied at the factory, or are all Legnums tinted after market.

Humpty's Revenge
15-10-2012, 03:55 PM
Can anyone tell me if the tint film to the windows is applied at the factory, or are all Legnums tinted after market.

Passenger side's, boot rear ones & most rear glass are tinted by factory

AncientOfMu
15-10-2012, 03:55 PM
Legnums come with tinted glass from the factory. No tint was ever 'applied' as far as i am aware. And if the glass is genuine there shouldnt be a 'tint film' on it.

Why do you ask?

Cheers

Don

JimT
15-10-2012, 04:26 PM
Something hit the rear boot window, while car was parked, and shattered it. It basically remained in place. claimed on insurance and had to go through wheter it was tinted or filmed. In the end AA glass came to look at window. It was filmed green glass. so I was told they would replace with green glass and I would have to sort out with insurance company about getting it filmed. Glass replaced today. Insurance company say that Mitsi UK say all cars come into the country with green glass and then get tint film applied. I said fine but it is not a Mitsi UK car, it comes from Japan and that is how all Legnums leave the factory. Insurance company say that if it is applied after manufacture it is a modification!! I said no its not if I put in green glass without film then it would be a modification. They also said they were not aware that it was an import (grey) and I said it was declared on proposal and all Legnums are such as they are not a UK car. Awaiting paperwork from Insurers now so that I can put it all in writing to them!!!!!

Davezj
15-10-2012, 05:18 PM
Ignore me

GalantOnly
15-10-2012, 07:33 PM
VR-4's fabricated from 1996 untill sept 1997 had only "privacy glass" on side windows from factory - rear was green.