PDA

View Full Version : 3000GT AEM EMS on my galant VR4 ;)

SAF68
18-10-2012, 09:14 PM
Hi all,

I'm soo happy this week , now my galant vr4 run with aem ems ... Speed density , 780cc , E85 and TD04 19T HL custom turbos :)

Bye bye Ecuflash .. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIw5yL7IY8A&feature=colike

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlLCClKWhNs&list=UUpyeDpeS8ycFr0DfaS0k6Lw&index=1&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TScjL6nfax8&list=UUpyeDpeS8ycFr0DfaS0k6Lw&index=1&feature=plcp

Comming soon the Dyno ... :)

Saf

Nick Mann
18-10-2012, 10:18 PM
Looking forward to seeing some numbers!

MarkSanne
19-10-2012, 08:47 AM
Cool!!

SAF68
19-10-2012, 10:57 AM
We'll see how much torque can support the rod :) I tuned many GTO with 19T and E85 on aem ems to have a solid 550awhp ( like 680hp flyweel )

Saf

horndog
19-10-2012, 12:47 PM
Like the Vids, cant wait to see the results

lateshow
20-10-2012, 09:07 AM
What was wrong with ecuflash, i think it doesnt restrict anything with those figures yet. :) I think that there's no need for the SD mod. A friend is running nearly 500 hp from the crank with standard MAF ( evo 5 RS )

edit. Ok now i can see, if over 500 from the crank then its a different case, those 19T:s are quite capable. Hope you'll get her running properly. With E85 there's no need to go too rich :)

SAF68
21-10-2012, 01:56 AM
Ecuflash it's a good upgrade to go to the bpu ++. But if you want more power , nice tune like a stock car but with a big power , have the control on only one cylinder for an exemple, stand alone is the right way to go.

Saf

--hoff
21-10-2012, 04:39 PM
I don't really know about AEM EMS or other stand alone ecu, but I had haltech e8 on my Galant. My experience with stand alone ecu, no matter how clean your tune the ecu still there are some glitches. For example like weather change, it will some how change the engine tuning. Sometimes you have to retune it. That is just one example.

So if you run for mostly on the track or drag race, stand alone ecu is not A problem. But if u use it car for daily, stand alone will not run as smooth and standard ecu. For me, I would stick with standard ecu. If I need to upgrade, I would go for edu flash or piggyback such as emange ultimate or unichip.

SAF68
21-10-2012, 10:49 PM
I don't really know about AEM EMS or other stand alone ecu, but I had haltech e8 on my Galant. My experience with stand alone ecu, no matter how clean your tune the ecu still there are some glitches. For example like weather change, it will some how change the engine tuning. Sometimes you have to retune it. That is just one example.

So if you run for mostly on the track or drag race, stand alone ecu is not A problem. But if u use it car for daily, stand alone will not run as smooth and standard ecu. For me, I would stick with standard ecu. If I need to upgrade, I would go for edu flash or piggyback such as emange ultimate or unichip.

I think that you have a bad tune ! i have a mitsubishi GTO (3000GT) my car have 940 @ the wheels and it's a dayli driver .. When the tune is ok , you don't need to tune every month !!!! I tune car everyday , scooby, Evo , Skyline , GTO etc etc , i know how work all piggyback like Safc 1&2 , Neo , EMU etc etc.. But with stand alone , you can have a very fast car with like the stock car ..

Saf

MarkSanne
22-10-2012, 08:14 AM
Saphir, in what part of the world do you live? If the climate is dryer and higher temperatures throughout the year, I'll bet you indeed don't have too many problems. But most of us live in the UK or somewhere around (like me, the next-wettest-land: Netherlands, which is so damn low that when it doesn't rain, I still get wet feet ;) ).

swinks
22-10-2012, 08:45 AM
Saphir, in what part of the world do you live?
Saf is not far from you Mark ;)
Every year driving in September from PL I noticed 2 stages of "wetness": 1st stage is crossing Rhein river (nice weather to say good bye), 2nd stage is crossing channel (always pi**ing rain once you land in Dover) :)

Regarding discussion standalone vs. flash ecu... I'd would agree that standard ecu flash is better for tune up to 400 AWHP ish, but I think Saf is right that good standalone is superior if you going for serious power which standard ecu can't support, in his case it is quite a big number to chase.
Anyway, another can of worms openned?

disco-ian
29-10-2012, 08:04 PM
Hi Mate,
Nice videos. Cant wait to see the dyno video and more :-)

Will you be sellingyour ECU flash setup and would that include the usb key needed to flash a 7201??

SAF68
07-11-2012, 09:09 PM
Thank's buddy , i'm sorry , the ecu and the dongle is not for sale .

Saf