PDA

View Full Version : Rear lights

BERNEV
28-10-2012, 04:29 PM
Hi Guys.

I have been on here before about my V6 power steering problem. Anyway the power steering problem was in fact worn out front brakes!

This time can I ask another question please? my garage helpfully last week smashed my NSR lamp cluster. I have shopped on EBay and have found one from a VR4 but the car is an import to the UK rather than a domestic model. It looks the same from the photo. But can anybody please tell me if it will have the same apertures and functions etc. Are they the same? Many thanks. The car is a 2001 V6 2.5 24v but built in 1999. It was the last shape to be imported into the UK.

Clive

Scanny
28-10-2012, 05:13 PM
im pretty sure the lens is the same but the wiring will be different which shouldnt be an issue and only if it is the lens on the tailgate rather than corner of the body (if its an estate). my 2001 V6 estate has fogs lights on the innermost lens but the legnum has side/brake lights there.

i would be checking the for sale section here anyway. there are a couple of V6s being broken plus there are the 2.0 and 2.4 to look for on ebay and scrap yards

BERNEV
28-10-2012, 07:34 PM
Thank you I'll put a "wanted" ad on here! It is a saloon by the way. Clive

BERNEV
28-10-2012, 07:50 PM
It would seem that I'm not allowed to put a wanted advert on the forum -presumably because I'm still a newbie. So, if anybody does know anybody with a NS rear light cluster from a UK saloon 1999 then please let me know! I've had a quick look and they all seem to be estates at the mo - and a recent saloon appears to have just been crushed!! Too late.

Thanks

Clive

Kryton
28-10-2012, 08:02 PM
How about these (assuming the s in the description means there is as pair)

Look at this on eBay:

Mitsubishi Galant REAR LIGHTS TAILLIGHTS 2001

http://bit.ly/SqRAOF

elnevio
29-10-2012, 12:25 PM
You should be able to post up a WTB now. :thumbsup:

I'm not sure if the facelift VR-4 saloon rear light cluster is identical, or just very similar to the facelift UK saloon rear light clusters. They certainly look it, but it's whether the fog light lensing is slightly different.

elnevio
29-10-2012, 12:26 PM
Having said that, those in Chris' link come as a pair, so no issues with them potentially looking slightly different anyway.

Scanny
30-10-2012, 10:15 AM
the tail lights look identical on the legnum and V6 so presumably the galants are the same too

elnevio
30-10-2012, 10:59 AM
Some have different tinting.

BERNEV
01-11-2012, 09:51 PM
Thank you. I'm putting in an offer right now!! Thanks guys