PDA

View Full Version : Performance upgrades for V6 Sport

Paul Beazer
14-01-2005, 01:27 PM
Seeing as there are a few of here who own V6 Sports, thought it might be worthwhile starting this thread off.

What upgrades do you lot suggest?
I've seen threads for upgrading the suspension to Eibach springs, at £500 for parts and labour, a bit too much for my pocket at the mo!

Personally I havent got a lot of money to throw about, so at the risk of sounding tight, "what can I have for a ton (£100) please mister?"

Was thinking of getting a K&N filter instead of the standard one, are they worth it. I dont really want to mess about with induction kits as they sound like a pain in the arse to set up!

Thanks in advance

Paul

ritch_w
14-01-2005, 02:04 PM
I've seen threads for upgrading the suspension to Eibach springs, at £500 for parts and labour, a bit too much for my pocket at the mo
Paul

£500???? springs are about £160-ish from here;
http://www.motorsportworld.co.uk/frame-detail.asp?PAGE=/eibach-springs.htm

Fit them yourself for £0 - piece of p!ss

I fitted a K&N panel filter to my old V6 - TBH i dont know if it made a huge difference, try it anyway!!

see BDA for a de cat pipe as well - again dont know if it made a huge difference as i never got round to rolling roaded the car after mods
pre mods it was 135 at the wheels (around 160-ish at engine)

i would suspect a freeflowing stainless exhuast would help as well - but that would be £300 - £400.

see Kieran - hes actively looking to up his BHP and i'm sure he'll tell you how if he's not being a secret squirrell ;)
(only joking Kieran!!!)

ANTHONY
25-03-2007, 09:39 PM
so where did this thread go?

bradc
25-03-2007, 09:45 PM
I think it fairly well stopped after the first reply :)

My suggestions would be:

exhaust including decat pipe
panel filter
cams reground
air/fuel control

That should be good for 30hp I reckon

Gly
26-03-2007, 06:09 AM
i suggest pulling out the V6 motor and replacing it with a VR4 motor.

i did the usual bits to mine..
exhaust,
cold air induction kit,
battery in boot,
cusco coil overs.
iridium plugs,

thats about all you can do without spending alot more money.

RugbyPete
30-03-2007, 10:24 AM
Had quotes between £250 and £350 for the ecu remap, producing about 16bhp more and better fuel economy.

Add a full system exhaust, induction kit, you may get couple extra horses on top of that maybe.

I would prefer a nice stainless system for £300 though to be honest, over an ecu.

Subaru ETA
30-03-2007, 10:48 AM
i had a cold air set up on my str with no probs at all plus 3 inch decat, went well in the top end