PDA

View Full Version : What is the two-cable bit of loom that runs across the front panel?

Jesus-Ninja
28-11-2012, 12:02 AM
Been meaning to ask this for a while, and sitting here feeling ill and unproductive seems like the right time. :sick2:

There's a bit of loom that runs from the NS headlamp loom, across the front of the car to the OS headlamp loom. It runs from the NS as a pair of wires, one red, one black, in some flexi trunking to the OS, where it terminates in a pair of male bullet connectors. It then, I believe, hooks into the loom on the OS via a pair of female bullets, but which are on, IIRC, blue and yellow wires.

What is it, and which way round do they connect?

Thanks! :)

MarkSanne
28-11-2012, 08:47 AM
Pretty sure they are there for a second horn, which is standard on euro/uk Galants, but on VR4's it was only one horn. As a matter of fact, when I imported my Legnum from Japan it had to go through a though gov test, which included testing the loudness of the horn. Turned out it was 3dB too low, coming from just 1 horn...

elnevio
28-11-2012, 09:32 AM
Mine had two horns already, but they looked standard (and sounded a bit pathetic!). I upgraded them to a pair that was on HJM's/SGHOM's old VR-4.

The Euro connection could be a possibility - electric headlight level adjustment perhaps? Or something to do with the headlamp washers?

Jesus-Ninja
28-11-2012, 09:43 AM
Mine had two horns, but both were on the NS already. Was the horn fitted on the OS in Japan? The connections on the OS certainly look like they could have gone to a horn.

Need to get the volt meter out when I feel better!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

CANDEE
28-11-2012, 10:03 AM
I have one horn on each side with mine. :)

elnevio
28-11-2012, 10:18 AM
Sorry, yes, my horns were located as one in each corner, behind the foglights.

Jesus-Ninja
02-12-2012, 12:30 PM
T'was the horn! Oddly (or maybe not) the loom, as standard appears to have connections for a horn on both sides. I had two horns on the NS - one running from the "normal" connection. The other ran across the font to the connection on the other side. Bingo :) My just ditch it and run one horn.