PDA

View Full Version : Stuck ring on Tein Suspension

FNFAST VR4
01-12-2012, 08:55 PM
Hi all. I've got Tein suspension in my Galant (just the height adjustable ones) and the adjusting ring is stuck on both the back ones.

I've owned the car coming up 9 years and never adjusted them, but a couple years ago I asked a tyre outfit to lift all corners up as I was sick of scraping the front bumper on everything, and sick of the tyres scraping whenever anyone sat in the back. They told me one of the back ones was stuck then, but it seems they both are now.

I asked a local mechanic to look at it recently also, but he didn't have any luck. Yesterday I tried drowning it in a CRC product I bought called penetr8 (I think) but no luck.

My car is running Bridgestone RE002's all round, and they scrape the worst of any of the tyres I've had on the back so I really want to lift the car up a bit to stop it if I can!

Anyone got any other ideas or has anyone successfully freed theirs up before?

Cheers, Hayden.

Subaru ETA
01-12-2012, 09:02 PM
May have to get it removed from the car and soaked in wd40 and then convince it to come loose with a hammer.

If it were me I would take the car to autolign (google them to Find closest store.) they are the agents for tein so they should be able to sort it

zanzibar
02-12-2012, 02:31 AM
getting your rear arches rolled will stop the tyres rubbing

FNFAST VR4
02-12-2012, 03:58 AM
I've considered getting the guards rolled, what does it cost?

I've been to Autolign in Mt Wellington before, might give them a call and see what it'll cost to unjam them.