PDA

View Full Version : Sidewind deflectors?

avander_be
17-01-2005, 11:49 AM
Hi all,

I've seen several Galant Estates here with sidewind deflectors mounted, are these coming from Mitsu or after market?

I found one supplier on the continent so far that offers what seems to be a fair price: 44€ plus shipping for a set including both front and rear windows.

Contributions about fitting and daily usage would be appreciated, wondering if it isn't too difficult to keep them clean as dirt must be accumulating in the space between the deflector and the window glass, no? Are they functional or just for the looks?

TIA. Avander

Zeke
17-01-2005, 12:10 PM
Are you talking about the so-called rain visors on all 4 windows? They are functional to reduce wind noise at speed when windows are rolled down, also blocks out rain with windows cracked open at speed; which is most important if you're in Japan as everyone and their dogs smoke.
This is why most cars in Japan have visors/deflectors. Most are factory mounted, I know mine are. Keep in mind Japanese highways have a speedlimit of 100kph.

wirdy
18-01-2005, 01:08 AM
Contributions about ftting and daily usage would be appreciated, wondering if it isn't too difficult to keep them clean as dirt must be accumulating in the space between the deflector and the window glass, no? Are they functional or just for the looks?

Initially wanted to remove them, but they've grown on me.

Dirt & grime doesn't accumulate in my experience.

(Standard Mitsubishi items fitted.)

p1_
18-01-2005, 04:22 AM
Initially wanted to remove them, but they've grown on me.

Dirt & grime doesn't accumulate in my experience.

(Standard Mitsubishi items fitted.)

Commonly known as Monsoon Guards and appear to be factory fitted for Japanese market cars, everyone I have seen in NZ has them.

No issues with them - they grow on you when you are not used to them being on any type of UK car.

cheers

Legnum Boy
18-01-2005, 04:34 AM
I think the VR4 looks a bit naked and weedy without them.... :D

avander_be
18-01-2005, 11:20 AM
I think the VR4 looks a bit naked and weedy without them.... :D

I think they look great indeed, if some club member removed them and is willing to sell them second hand please let me know thru pm

Big Ian
18-01-2005, 12:24 PM
I think they look great indeed, if some club member removed them and is willing to sell them second hand please let me know thru pm

join the cue ;) some member's have been trying to get a set for 2yrs :rolleyes5
also saloon and estate model's are different fitting.
:) have you got a link to the supplier who can sell them for 44euro's?

matsondawson
18-01-2005, 04:08 PM
I hate them, they make way to much noise at high speed. You can't hear anyone talk in the car.