PDA

View Full Version : 4-Wheel geometry??

Sulli
17-01-2005, 04:55 PM
My car has a bit of a vibration at 80+mph, which I guess is the tracking (or less likely the wheel balance).

Is 4-wheel geometry the answer, and if so, are Mitsubishi the best place to get this done, if not, can anyone do it, and how much, roughly?

adam_shaw
17-01-2005, 05:47 PM
I'm not sure I have an answer on this.

I used to get my V6 sport done fairly regularly and the local tyre place had the gear to do a full 4 wheel tracking/alignment.

As to price they charged me between £20 (when they just checked and gave the OK) and £80 (when they had to make adjustments all round) depending on what they found and what they could do.

I used to take it in fairly regularly (lots of pot holes) and was very happy with the service.

However I don't know how different (I'm guessing lots) the VR-4 geometry is to the standard Galant.

Let us await the wisdom of those wiser......

A

Sulli
18-01-2005, 06:27 PM
Apparently it will be wheel balancing according to the service bloke at Mitsubishi - only a fiver wheel, so will try that first.

Trow
19-01-2005, 06:30 AM
Sulli,

Could be inner CV's - mine wobbled at 100Khs and I hear it's quite common, I just got mine done and the car is sweet as a nut now.

Does it happen under exceleration? or all the time