PDA

View Full Version : EOI LINK G4 storm/extreme/atom ECU group buy. Whos keen!?

Adam.Findlay
09-12-2012, 10:40 AM
A bunch of mates and acquaintances from around NZ have expressed some interest in getting Link ecus to further their tuning ability on their cars/ get projects running. so I stared a wee facebook group to see whos keen and when they would be keen on going in on a group buy some time in 2013. Figured I would post here to see if there is any interest at all.

so far nothing is set in stone but if there is interest here and on the facebook group I will approach Link here in chch and ask if they can give us a hefty discount if we buy a bulk load of ecus off them.

for us VR4 chaps we can use the G4 storm if we are going to keep the stock coils and run waste spark setup (as factory)
http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/performance/electronics/auction-540345756.htm
or if you want to go to coil on plug and run full sequential ignition and injection you need the extreme as the storm only can do full sequential ign and inj up to 4cyl.
http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/performance/electronics/auction-540344505.htm

so roughly 2200 for the storm and 2800 for the extreme. if there is intrest i will go talk to link and ask what sort of prices they can do for us

Badger_01
09-12-2012, 10:46 AM
Interesting, so there's most likely going to be some crazy powered VR4s out there haha.

Oh wow the Link G4 Xtreme costs more than what I paid for my car haha

Adam.Findlay
09-12-2012, 10:52 AM
well I know reflashing the 7202/7203's is more then enough for most people looking for more kick. but I for one will be needing a link as i want to run sequential ignition and injection, and my 10,000rpm target for my engine build will more than likely exceed the capabilitys of the stock ecu, and the links are SOOO much easier to tune.
I know there wont be much interest in this but it cant hurt to ask. every one is keen on a bargin!

SEAN-NZ
09-12-2012, 11:01 AM
wow they are expensive, itd be more than ive spent on the car since i got it lol, but i want one haha

taylor
11-12-2012, 08:03 AM
A bunch of mates and acquaintances from around NZ have expressed some interest in getting Link ecus to further their tuning ability on their cars/ get projects running. so I stared a wee facebook group to see whos keen and when they would be keen on going in on a group buy some time in 2013. Figured I would post here to see if there is any interest at all.

so far nothing is set in stone but if there is interest here and on the facebook group I will approach Link here in chch and ask if they can give us a hefty discount if we buy a bulk load of ecus off them.

for us VR4 chaps we can use the G4 storm if we are going to keep the stock coils and run waste spark setup (as factory)
http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/performance/electronics/auction-540345756.htm
or if you want to go to coil on plug and run full sequential ignition and injection you need the extreme as the storm only can do full sequential ign and inj up to 4cyl.
http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/performance/electronics/auction-540344505.htm

so roughly 2200 for the storm and 2800 for the extreme. if there is intrest i will go talk to link and ask what sort of prices they can do for us

Adam, I am set up through link to purchase components direct. I would be happy to offer discount to club members on a one off basis, I also can install and set up these ecu's. PM me for info.

I have also been working with an engineer at link to offer a plug in solution. More info on this Next year, but pricing would under $2000

A storm would be perfectly suitable for most setups including those with coil on plug. Many Nissan 6cyl roaming about with storms. It is simply pairing the cylinders 360 degrees apart.

Adam.Findlay
11-12-2012, 08:11 AM
sounds good. if you could get a price for us a bit later on when some numbers are confirmed that would be great.