PDA

View Full Version : WTB Standard Airbox Hamilton Area or post

Dom B
10-12-2012, 06:43 AM
Hi guys I am after a standard airbox and snorkel. Ideally in the hamilton area or post if not too expensive.

the car has a cone filter and no cold airbox so at the moment all it is doing is sucking in roasting hot engine air!

Subaru ETA
10-12-2012, 07:06 AM
Can't help sorry but I assume you purchased a car??

Kenneth
10-12-2012, 09:37 AM
I should have one Dom. I am 10 minutes south of Cambridge or about 40 minutes from Hamilton. I'll have to go find it to verify though... I only remember seeing parts of it :P

Dom B
10-12-2012, 11:35 AM
I should have one Dom. I am 10 minutes south of Cambridge or about 40 minutes from Hamilton. I'll have to go find it to verify though... I only remember seeing parts of it :P

Let me know Kenneth, I drove through Cambridge today:)

David: Yes bought a car. After a lot of searching and a few dead ends and testing a lot of either chavved up or worn out heaps I ran out of time (our hire cars are taken away tomorrow) and I ended up buying the ex Quinton car. I will slowly get it up to how it should be and undo any bodges. First big job is to get AYC back in, so I will be making a call for a good condition ayc diff + pump and hydraulic lines very shortly. I know there are a lot of mixed feelings about the previous owner but that's not the cars fault and I have to say though generally the car is in pretty good condition aside from a leaking dump valve which I will sort this week. An evo 10 one seems to be the current favourite. I put a hell of a lot of effort into my VR4 in the UK making is a very healthy beast and intend to do the same to this car too. Bit limited for workshop etc but I will have to get around that. The way I look at it is I have a chance to bring another poor neglected VR4 back to the way it should be, unbodged and running like a dream. My UK car had plenty of bodges on it which I slowly removed one by one, making parts, changing parts and simply improving lots of little details. Nothing like a new project!! :)

Kenneth
10-12-2012, 08:37 PM
I just went and checked, I can find the snorkel and the backing bit which the maf bolts to but not the front bit of the airbox :( Doesn't mean it isn't there, just that I can't find it in the mess at present :P

I'll PM you my address. Feel free to stop by, I have quite a few spare parts which you are welcome to either have or buy for very reasonable amounts :) I even have an AYC diff and pump lying about!

BEG4ME
11-12-2012, 12:57 AM
I have a couple you can have. One with working AFM.

v6 galant
14-12-2012, 01:00 AM
I have a couple you can have. One with working AFM.

Do u have one for me too

BEG4ME
15-12-2012, 09:14 PM
Well, i guess so. i don't imagine Dom wants two of them.