PDA

View Full Version : headlight swap

lancerevo3
02-01-2013, 01:03 PM
The previous owner of my super had a little tip which bent the wing and headlight housing.just fitted a new wing but cant get the headlight to line up.so im wondering is it handy to swap the internals from one headlight to another so i can keep the original silver headlights.
Sorry if its been asked before but on my phone and search function in a pain on it
Thanks
Mark

elnevio
02-01-2013, 01:14 PM
I'm fairly sure that the silver internals are part of exterior black plastic anyway, so it might be tricky? The one piece headlight units can be a bit fiddly to get back in anyway, so it could just be that. Also, I'm surprised that the headlight casing is bent? I would have expected it to crack.

Atik
02-01-2013, 01:41 PM
Its a bit of work to get the internals out to swap them. Been there and done that, and have a spare set of lights here which have been 'Supered'. Wanna swap? I want to get a standard set on my car as my current glass ones are damaged!

That said, I am also surprised that the casing has bent and not cracked. Are you sure the metal on the bodywork is still straight? Maybe a tiny twist in the panel could sort it out?

lancerevo3
02-01-2013, 05:53 PM
Metal is straight .two brackets on the light on the passenger side have bent and the one inside the wing
Has twisted the casing .which is now broke as i attempted to straigten it lol
I have a set of the black plastic headlights spare atik if thats what you want to swap?

Atik
02-01-2013, 07:39 PM
Hey Mark, yes, I am after a completely stock one piece light unit with the black insert.
The ones I have are not genuine Super lights though. They are standard lights that I split and sprayed and refit. If you are interested I can take a couple of pics to show you, but yeah I'd be interested in a straight swap. The silver doesnt match my red car anymore and prefer the look of standard to match the dark trim on the car.

lancerevo3
02-01-2013, 09:37 PM
pics would be great if you had them,ill be in the garage in a while and ill dig out the headlamps and send you a few pics .not being genuine wont bother me at the moment once they look ok .

thanks
mark

swinks
03-01-2013, 01:17 PM
Mark, there are 4 major components of headlights:
- black box cluster
- front clear glass/perspex
- internal black bazel, trim (standard matt black, in Super-S being body colour coded)
- 2x reflectors, mirror finish
To disassembly headlight you will need just heat gun, big flat scredriver and lots of patience. :)
After splitting perspex from box, you can remove bazel/trim from perspex by undoing 2 little screws.
Hope it helps.

lancerevo3
06-01-2013, 01:24 AM
Mark, there are 4 major components of headlights:
- black box cluster
- front clear glass/perspex
- internal black bazel, trim (standard matt black, in Super-S being body colour coded)
- 2x reflectors, mirror finish
To disassembly headlight you will need just heat gun, big flat scredriver and lots of patience. :)
After splitting perspex from box, you can remove bazel/trim from perspex by undoing 2 little screws.
Hope it helps.

thanks tomasz ill try the bust headlight first .may save money on postage etc .
much appreciated
ill report back