PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

Mark 4
19-01-2005, 06:31 PM
Hi everyone another Newbie here, name’s Mark and I live in Shoreham on the sunny south coast.

Got my VR4 last September, it’s a 2001 with 29k on the clock. As far as I can tell it is totally standard so after spending the last few weeks getting used to it I am now starting to make some sensible mods, Eagle F1’s are being fitted on the front end tomorrow and next week it goes in for an oil change when the National discs and 2500 pads (as recommended by VR4 owners) will be fitted.

The info on the website has been extremely useful and I will be speaking to HKS soon to carry out the recommended mods to the turbo system.

However, there are a couple of items that are not mentioned on the site (as far as I can see). First is the headlights – they are appalling. I am going to fit some Osram bulbs as recommended by EVO magazine but I do not expect a great improvement. Does anyone know of a conversion that is available or does anyone know how to make the lights better.

Second I Nitrous. I am tempted to put this on the list but would like info from someone who has tried it. Can anyone help with this?

Look forward to hearing your comments.

Keep up the good work

Mark.

Polabear
19-01-2005, 06:49 PM
However, there are a couple of items that are not mentioned on the site (as far as I can see). First is the headlights – they are appalling. I am going to fit some Osram bulbs as recommended by EVO magazine but I do not expect a great improvement. Does anyone know of a conversion that is available or does anyone know how to make the lights better.

Second I Nitrous. I am tempted to put this on the list but would like info from someone who has tried it. Can anyone help with this?

Look forward to hearing your comments.

Keep up the good work

Mark.

Hi Mark and welcome to the club, Wirdy produced an excellent article on HID headlamp kits and the fitting of here..... ;)

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3459&highlight=bulbs

As for the giggling gas talk to BDA or Interlec (Derek)...have fun... :D

psbarham
19-01-2005, 06:52 PM
let me be the first to welcome you , hope you and your mitzy enjoy many happy and extremely fast miles together . sorry i can't help you with many of the VR4 related items as she who must be obayed(so she thinks) won't let me get one as' this one is fast enough'. but i can help you with the head lights, go into the local halfords with twenty quid and get some 80w off road bulbs they are half the price of these high performance things and they are brighter (obviosly) although they are illegal(ish) they are not bright enough to dazzle other road users and mine just passed its mot and not a mention

Nick Mann
19-01-2005, 08:44 PM
Welcome!

As said, Bigdaveakers and Interlec are the ones to ask about nitrous. Big Dave (in true BDA style!) concocted his own, whilst Derek paid someone a chunk of money. Both have had very good results at Santa pod!

The lights are poo in mine too. I have bought some xenon bulbs on e-bay (Claim to be 100% brighter!) but I haven't managed to find the time to fit them yet. I'll let everyone know what happens when I do.

Good luck with the mods, look forward to seeing you at a meet or five this year!