PDA

View Full Version : Really quick question?

gazmk2
07-01-2013, 11:41 PM
I know its probably in a thread somewhere already but can anybody please tell me what size bolt I need to bolt the turbo hard pipe onto the front turbo outlet?

Cheers in advance.

Gary

Erni902
07-01-2013, 11:45 PM
You on about the Y-pipe Gaz? I believe this bolt is either a 12mm or a 14mm head, length is about 1 inch I think, hopefully someone will be along soon to confirm. Hope this helps :)

Davezj
07-01-2013, 11:51 PM
All I can remember off the top of my head is the bolt head needs a 12mm socket to remove it, so any spare 12mm head bolt from the car will fit as long it is he ish length.
Sorry I can't be any more specific but I have always recognised vr4 bolt by the head size they will be 10mm, 12mm, 14mm for most of the bolts.

gazmk2
08-01-2013, 12:05 AM
You on about the Y-pipe Gaz? I believe this bolt is either a 12mm or a 14mm head, length is about 1 inch I think, hopefully someone will be along soon to confirm. Hope this helps :)

Aye, that be the one! Cheers i'll probably just get a load of sizes and se what fits. The one from the turbo outlet and also the one that bolts the y pipe to the cam cover are both missing! So the pipe can lift off from the turbo.

Nick Mann
08-01-2013, 12:07 AM
It could be M8? Make sure it is not too long - take the one out of the back turbo to check if need be. Someone once cracked a turbo casing putting a bolt in that was too long. It might have been Heath & Janes car?

Davezj
08-01-2013, 12:11 AM
I was going to say you could use the one from the cam cover as a temp fix.
You could use the the other fixing bolt to secure e turbo y pipe to the turbo.
Or just use any other 12mm head bolt from the engine bay to secure it as a temp.
Maybe one of the wiring loom clips or a radiator top clamp bolt, just need to find one.