PDA

View Full Version : Help - Mystery full electric blackout

p1_
20-01-2005, 12:21 AM
Started a few months back and I cannot track down the fault. Basically what happens is when either I've just turned the car off to get out OR I've just opened the car to get in and start the ignition, there is a complete electric blackout. No interior lights - no dash lights - no ignition - no nothing!!!! :( :( :(

It lasts for anything up to about a minute then suddenly everything lights back up. It does not happen whilst driving and is very sporadic.

Any ideas or suggestions gratefully received.

ta

zedy1
20-01-2005, 12:28 AM
check your earth connectns near battery mate

Quad Al
20-01-2005, 05:42 PM
Started a few months back and I cannot track down the fault. Basically what happens is when either I've just turned the car off to get out OR I've just opened the car to get in and start the ignition, there is a complete electric blackout. No interior lights - no dash lights - no ignition - no nothing!!!! :( :( :(

It lasts for anything up to about a minute then suddenly everything lights back up. It does not happen whilst driving and is very sporadic.

Any ideas or suggestions gratefully received.

ta

p1, just had similar probs on my uk 01 Galant Estate, Take a close look at the big supply fuses off your battery 120A , 60A (i think). They are bolt in type fuses. On mine there was a loose bolt! ,dash lights out,int' lights, heater out of control :( . Past year,causing 2 replacement alternators, under warranty :rolleyes5 :$ :rolleyes5 . The bolt that connects the battery cable to the fuse ( front lefthandside of fusebox).
Good Luck.
Cheers,
Al.

p1_
21-01-2005, 09:09 AM
Thanks all - checked things over - nothing seems to be loose or awry - guess I just keep checking from time to time. :)