PDA

View Full Version : EOI Group Buy - Pistons

Patryn999
23-01-2013, 06:55 AM
So it's that time of year, I need to get a set that will work with the rods from another GB earlier.

At the moment, just looking for information from other NZ members who might have investigated this (Suppliers, price etc.), and anyone who would be interested on joining a group-buy (obviously depending on price).

Had Adam investigating the possibility of using 4agze pistons, but looks like it'll be too much work to fit them sadly (skirt and rod mods).

I remember seeing a post earlier with NZ info, but buggered if I can find it - so sorry if this is a repeat!

Any info is greatly appreciated :)

-Carl

So Far:
Me
Gly
Scott
Kenneth
Adam (If we can add custom orders)

Gly
23-01-2013, 09:20 AM
i register my interest

Adam.Findlay
23-01-2013, 09:55 AM
yes it turned out with the modification needed to both the rod and piston skirt its not going to be worth the hassle to mod 4AGZE pistons. also the pistons were cheap enough <100 NZD each but the rings to fit them were ~300NZD a set for 4 cylinder so times that by 1.5 and add in the cost of machining the pistons and rods and its just easier to find the likes of CP, JE or wiseco which will come with a wrist pin, rings and pin locks ready to go straight onto the prism rods.

I can get peter to get me a price for CP pistons as he knows a guy but i think it will be ~1200 NZD -1400 NZD

if not IPP have the listing on their website for wiseco's and swinks knows the wiseco part number as Kojjachi has used them before.

hope this helps toward the cause. I myself am not in as im going custom compression etc

Anderz
23-01-2013, 12:31 PM
Still have not bought pistons either, keen to hear what others are planning
The wiseco pistons have part number K776M810A and they should be 8,5 compression ratio
However in this post it is said that they were 8.0 ?? Could be a special order
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?65008-Forged-pistons&p=727106&viewfull=1#post727106

Adam.Findlay
24-01-2013, 10:40 AM
quite possibly custom order. if it comes down to custom order through cp/je/wiseco id look at getting bigger valve relifs incase people want to get huge cams or bigger valves and then running into piston valve clearance.

Patryn999
28-01-2013, 08:04 AM
Could still do these as a group buy potentially, given a few extra sets this would give a fair bit of clout just to sheer revenue the company will get from us. Sorry all I've been a bit slack recently on this front - have a master thesis due so been busting a nut on that. Potentially poor timing for GB on my behalf haha.

scott.mohekey
28-01-2013, 08:12 PM
I would likely be in on this.

Kenneth
28-01-2013, 08:58 PM
Me too

Patryn999
10-02-2013, 11:16 PM
Just a heads up - Scott is looking into this, and has posted his info in: This Thread. (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?67255-GB-Forged-Pistons) with interest request. He wants to order ASAP, and I'll be tagging along for the ride.