PDA

View Full Version : Servicing in North Birmingham area

jalford
20-01-2005, 06:06 PM
I live just to the north of Birmingham (Sutton Coldfield) and was wondering if anyone could recommend somewhere for servicing.

There were three I was considering (closest listed first):

All Electric Mitsubishi in Kingstanding
Brincars Mitsubishi in Cannock
Xtreme Automobiles in Dudley

My first thought was to use Xtreme as they used to be Ralliart. I thought they would be the experts but I'm not so sure after the trouble that Jimbo has been having :sad3:

Nick Mann
20-01-2005, 08:59 PM
Used All Electric in Kingstanding once for my V6-24. (Used to live in Erdington). Top job on that one. Used All Electric in Harborne (Now Weoley Castle way) and they were absolutely pants.

Can't comment on the other two.

Jimbo
20-01-2005, 09:01 PM
My first thought was to use Xtreme as they used to be Ralliart. I thought they would be the experts but I'm not so sure after the trouble that Jimbo has been having :sad3:

Yeah, I've had real reason to believe they are just like "everybody" else recently, but despite my set-backs I do still rate them - I've chatted to a few of them there and they all know their stuff, the only gap in their knowledge seems to be with the INVECS boxes.

They're not the best at calling you back, and my advisement would be to check your bill before you pay, but you can rest assured they'll take good care of your car and point out everything they think you should know about, even if it's not a problem.

Brunty
06-02-2005, 05:22 PM
the only gap in their knowledge seems to be with the INVECS boxes.

Can anyone recommend a garage/dealer in the Birmingham area that is competent with tiptronic boxes?

Also I did visit Fields of Dunley, near Stourport-on-Severn when I was looking for a VR4 and they struck me as both knowledgable and helpful. Additionally there were a couple of guys wearing Ralliart overalls - should I read anything into this? I'll be talking to them soon regarding boxes and servicing.

Steve

Jimbo
06-02-2005, 07:09 PM
Can anyone recommend a garage/dealer in the Birmingham area that is competent with tiptronic boxes?

Also I did visit Fields of Dunley, near Stourport-on-Severn when I was looking for a VR4 and they struck me as both knowledgable and helpful. Additionally there were a couple of guys wearing Ralliart overalls - should I read anything into this? I'll be talking to them soon regarding boxes and servicing.

Steve

I can't offer advice on one place in particular, but Mitsubsihi dealerships should be your first port of call, especially for an ATF flush which they will know how to do better than anyone, especially with all the INVECS boxes on UK Galants.

Brunty
07-02-2005, 02:10 PM
Not Fields of Dunley, but Fields of Bromsgrove in Dunley!

Fields of Bromsgrove Ltd
Dunley Service Station
Dunley
Stourport on Severn
Worcestershire
DY13 0UE

01299 827867

Nick Mann
07-02-2005, 09:38 PM
I have used the Bromsgrove branch of Fields. (Only 5 miles from me!) They have never been really bad, but they have never really impressed either. They have serviced VR4's yet don't seem to know a huge amount about them.

Always courteous, though.

Brunty
15-02-2005, 02:52 PM
Right the car is with Solihull Mitsubishi (http://www.solihullmitsubishi.co.uk/) while they fiddle with my gearbox. Initial impressions are quite good.

I'll do a write up of my experience once the work is complete.

warrior40
04-03-2005, 01:21 AM
Hi Jalford. Warrior 40 Here Your From Sutton Coldfield So Am I How About
Getting Togther For A Chat.
Look Forward To Hearing From You.car Vr4 Estate