PDA

View Full Version : Fmic

galantnight
04-02-2013, 09:25 PM
At last got round to fitting my fmic that i got from steve-vr4-ish back in september, As you can see from the pictures i ended up fitting a ps cooler as well and took out front grill so that it fitted flush as i could not make it fit nice with it in.
I hope it will give me better figures on the rollers on the 23rd.

Badger_01
04-02-2013, 09:32 PM
Looks good :2thumbsup

Davezj
04-02-2013, 09:56 PM
looks great, nice and tidy, what size is it, is it 300x 600 or slightly less tall.

just keep an eye on the coolant temp, as you have just put a big obstruction in the way of your coolant radiator.
it is critical that the intercooler is mounted vetically, well parallel to the coolant rad at least, if you angle it backwards you can cause youself a few problems. i did this and it restricks the air flow. and can cause overheating issues.

i am going to have to grind off the brackets on the bottom of the mounting bar at the bottom of the intercooler, as mine is 300x600 intercooler and i have to jam it in behind the crash bar, so it tilted backwards, i didn't think anything of it when i fitted it, but it became apparent when pushing it, that the coolant was getting hot.

just something to think about
may i add most people have now problem what so ever with regard to fitting a bigger intercooler.

galantnight
04-02-2013, 10:50 PM
Ta Dave it is a 200x600 i think as it does not go up behind the crashbar but sits below it so hopefully air flow will be ok.
Only time will tell

Davezj
05-02-2013, 12:49 AM
that could be a smart move, i assume it fits below the crash bar without haveing to go behind, so it is easy to to keep it verical.

gazmk2
05-02-2013, 06:35 AM
The one I have just ordered is a 550X240X65, I am hoping this fits just nicely but helps to cool the charge air better than the standard one. that looks like a nice install though bud!