PDA

View Full Version : Boost gauge

pezza
21-01-2005, 01:56 PM
Afternoon chaps and chappesses :D

I was wondering if anyone with mechanical gauges has pictures of their setup inside the car / dash (I guess most will have the lekky gauges)? :shrug:

I have seen one VR4 with rally style A pillar 3 gauge pods (Think it was boost, oil temperature and air/fuel or oil pressure) ,but that seems like it may obstruct the view or become a hinderance up there?

Was just thinking about where to locate a boost gauge..

Any recommendations on particular manufacturers of gauge known to be accurate and reliable? (Am thinking of Nick F1s recomendation of autometer/autogauge)

Cheers

Polabear
21-01-2005, 02:11 PM
Afternoon chaps and chappesses :D

I was wondering if anyone with mechanical gauges has pictures of their setup inside the car / dash (I guess most will have the lekky gauges)? :shrug:

I have seen one VR4 with rally style A pillar 3 gauge pods (Think it was boost, oil temperature and air/fuel or oil pressure) ,but that seems like it may obstruct the view or become a hinderance up there?

Was just thinking about where to locate a boost gauge..

Any recommendations on particular manufacturers of gauge known to be accurate and reliable? (Am thinking of Nick F1s recomendation of autometer/autogauge)

Cheers

Derek, you have PM

nick-f1
22-01-2005, 12:13 AM
I mounted mine on the door pillar Derek using a pod from MDC but had to cut it. You can get a 3 hole din plate to fit under the stereo for about a fiver from Motabitz. www.gaugeshop.co.uk do one as well but dont know how well it will fit.

Spirit
22-01-2005, 12:26 AM
Had the Blitz 52mm gauge originally Derek but have put a HKS DL one in the new car and it's much better - it gets my recommendation ;)

pezza
24-01-2005, 12:37 PM
Hmm A pillar mounting sounds ok as long as its not too high up the pillar?

NickF1 Was it a pain fitting and did you have to remove the trim to affix? Do you have a pic? that gauge shop has a two gauge a pillar mount too... universal fit means it wont fit the galant I bet! :rolleyes:

I was thinking of an oil temperature gauge too so I have an idea of whats going on and when not to thrash the car... has anyone else fitted oil temp gauge and where did you connect the sensor to (where is oil temp sensor located on VR4??)

I was also thinking about the DIN mounting as an alternative location as I have that oddments tray underneath stereo.. but its not in line of sight esp if tearin up the tarmac its not too easy to glance at..

I have a habit of breakin trim clips :$ NIckM how did you remove your centre console trim (as I know you have done this once or twice and you did show me :) )

p1_ supplied a pic of a car that had errr a few gauges mounted.... hmm still not decided where to put the gauges...

Nick Mann
24-01-2005, 02:25 PM
I have a habit of breakin trim clips :$ NIckM how did you remove your centre console trim (as I know you have done this once or twice and you did show me :) )

Lift the panel by the gear lever up at the back. 3 clips secure it around the lever (one at the back, one at each side). Slide it away from the center console. The console is held in with 6 clips, 2 at the bottom, two at the 'kink' and two at the top. It should release forwards with a combination of pulling and pushing from the back. The best leverage point is found by opeing the glovebox and sticking your arm through and round to push from behind. Or see Kierans How To... masterpiece in the members section.

pezza
24-01-2005, 02:40 PM
Cheers geeez..

Lets see how many clips I break.. :dozey: At least I have a second chance with the console the V6 ....