PDA

View Full Version : Mitsubishi going cheap?

scc
22-01-2005, 01:05 PM
My car battery needs replacing, and so I called around several motor part suppliers and all have quoted me 60+pounds for a new battery!

Called up mitsubishi and they've quoted me 21+vat or 34+vat....

I was surprised! Has anyone tried out Mitsu's own battery brand?

Scc

I-S
22-01-2005, 02:02 PM
I also found mitsubishi to provide a perfectly reasonably priced battery.... and they were the only ones who had one. It's been fine... cheap batteries work perfectly well.

Jimbo
22-01-2005, 04:43 PM
Called up mitsubishi and they've quoted me 21+vat or 34+vat....

That's good info to have, I never would have even asked Mitsy for a quote on one of them - you'd normally expect them to charge that for double-A batteries ;)

adam_shaw
22-01-2005, 05:25 PM
I discovered this when looking for a replacement battery, but I needed one yesterday doh! so bought a Bosch for more than twice as much.

Apparently the batteries are the same across the range, just by engine size. The local dealer said they were a good buy as well.

Looking to get one when I'm home for a while - then I can put my battery tray back in (the Bosch is a teeny bit big)

A

scc
22-01-2005, 06:09 PM
I discovered this when looking for a replacement battery, but I needed one yesterday doh! so bought a Bosch for more than twice as much.

Apparently the batteries are the same across the range, just by engine size. The local dealer said they were a good buy as well.

Looking to get one when I'm home for a while - then I can put my battery tray back in (the Bosch is a teeny bit big)

A

I need a new battery now :( The car has literally just died on my driveway.

I've been try to start the car all afternoon. The way it is parked has meant that no-one can give me a jump start unless they have 30 foot long jump leads.

And I don't have breakdown insurance...

Oh Dear!

adam_shaw
22-01-2005, 06:19 PM
Sorry to hear it's totally died! Could be a trip to Sh$%fords?

As I said, my friendly neighbourhood parts man said they were good - and at £21 you can't really go wrong can you?

A

scc
25-01-2005, 08:17 PM
I've got my new battery today! but it is too cold outside to install it.

Can anyone confirm if the correct battery part number is MZ690089 ?
(I'm abit worried because I have two galants (gls+v6) in their records)

Cheers,
Scc

Nick VR4
25-01-2005, 08:29 PM
The only difference between batteries is really on the cold cranking amperage
(apart from where the + - are left or right ;) )

My new one runs at 570 cold crank aperage

Nick

scc
26-01-2005, 01:44 AM
The only difference between batteries is really on the cold cranking amperage
(apart from where the + - are left or right ;) )

My new one runs at 570 cold crank aperage

Nick
:laugh: Thanks. I see 570 written on the battery so I assume that its ok.

Cheers,
scc