PDA

View Full Version : paranoia setting in....

andyleaves
27-02-2013, 07:28 PM
Now it could be be, probably is...

But...
You know when you have one thing go wrong, then another you expect, and start waiting for the next.
The paranoia set's in and you start to notice sounds that you have never heard before...

well.........
I have a a Forge Hybrid fitted that gives a very nice vrrrrrrroooooooommmm, psssssht noise

After having my motor delivered, by Ben on Sunday I started to notice a new noise on my way to work.
Now it maybe,
1.) My Paranoia
2.) A new noise, that I have never heard before because of the just done 60k
3.) Something else really has just gone.

Now this noise, comes on when I put my foot down during the Vrrrrrrrrooooooommmmmmm bit and gives a normal psssssht on lift off.
Now maybe induction noise, but I could be wrong.
It sounds a bit like air rushing over through something! A bit like this. (http://www.audiosparx.com/sa/summary/play.cfm/crumb.1/crumc.0/sound_iid.251749)

So is this normal? or have I lost the plot here once again?

Mark 4
27-02-2013, 09:25 PM
Have you had anything done to the intake or exhaust ?

Badger_01
27-02-2013, 09:30 PM
Do you have any hard pipes? Could be that?

John TheAntique
27-02-2013, 11:37 PM
By carefully balancing the throttle and boost I can make my dump valve do that for as long as I like but then a very slight increase in boost closes it again.

HPRULZ
27-02-2013, 11:49 PM
Have you got wet trousers and a puddle by your feet ? :P

on a serious note though is it a 2 piece dump valve body cos the old one I had the bottom half gradually unscrewed lowering the spring pressure and allowing the dump valve to bleed constantly, If you still have that boost gauge we stuck on temporarily before, try hooking it up again and see how much pressure you are holding.

Kev

wintertidenz
28-02-2013, 06:37 AM
I get something similar to that - I suspect that it's just the BOV staying open slightly longer than it should, or shutting early and I get a tiny bit of noise back through the intake.

At standstill I can get a flutter noise back through the pod if I snap the throttle while under the bonnet - I've never been able to get rid of it, so I just consider it partially normal now.

andyleaves
28-02-2013, 11:13 AM
Have you got wet trousers and a puddle by your feet ? :P

on a serious note though is it a 2 piece dump valve body cos the old one I had the bottom half gradually unscrewed lowering the spring pressure and allowing the dump valve to bleed constantly, If you still have that boost gauge we stuck on temporarily before, try hooking it up again and see how much pressure you are holding.

Kev
That was your guage Kev...
I've got the smoked screen version that needs power to see.

Guess I'll strip the BOV this weekend and give it a clean...