PDA

View Full Version : Dropdown menus not available in mozilla

bernmc
23-01-2005, 12:15 AM
The dropdown menus don't work properly in my version of Mozilla Firefox (1.0) At best they appear briefly.

Means that if we want to join clubVR4... we have to resort to IE. AAAAYYYYYYEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

IE is for sheep. Baaaaaaaaaaaa. :)

Spirit
23-01-2005, 12:29 AM
IE is for sheep. Baaaaaaaaaaaa. :)

Show us how to fix it then and we will follow....baaaaaaaa ! :laugh:

bernmc
23-01-2005, 12:41 AM
Show us how to fix it then and we will follow....baaaaaaaa ! :laugh:

Baaaa. Buggered if I know - I'm only a consumer.
:lipsrseal

But seriously :dozey: Probably a good idea to make the parent link link to a page, and then to put the options of the dropdown menu as plain links on the page that the parent link takes you to - so ' ClubVr4' page would have intro/join/info/members cars etc. Something that doesn't need IE-specific code? The other alternative would be to use a dropdown menu system that isn't IE-specific, but that would probably mean a major rewrite.

:rolleyes5

_simon_
23-01-2005, 11:58 AM
Works fine for me and I'm running Firefox 1.0
Mines not a clean install as I've been upgrading it since about version 0.6. I doubt that would make any difference.
Must be something about your version :)

KiwiTT
23-01-2005, 08:57 PM
No problem here either and am also on Firefox 1.0.

Kenneth
23-01-2005, 09:37 PM
Yeah, I'm sweet with 1.0 as well.

bernmc
23-01-2005, 11:23 PM
mmmm... odd. I have 1.0 on my laptop and XPC, and both are the same - click the down-arrow, and the menu appears briefly, but the browser navigates to the parent link almost immediately - if I'm quick I can get a submneu item.

Do your guys Firefox behave the same as IE - click the arrow, and the menu appears and waits for you to select?

Might be something to do with the extensions I have installed...?

Edit: Oi! Bizarre - just tried it again now, and it works. ???:rolleyes5:dozey::rolleyes5??? Must take my medication.