PDA

View Full Version : VR4 + snow = footage

Mante
23-01-2005, 01:32 AM
6mb file .wmv format (http://midatlanticgalant.com/images/Mante/vr4.WMV)

Not to 56k friendly

Jimbo
23-01-2005, 02:20 AM
Fantastic :laugh:

Looked like you were in your element.....wow that must have been fun!

Legnum Boy
23-01-2005, 02:25 AM
Very cool... :-b

The car looks like it is very well behaved for the conditions.
Not had the opportunity to drive in snow like that... :dozey:

Mante
23-01-2005, 04:33 AM
First thing in the morning, had to warm up before heading to the parking lots
http://home.comcast.net/~hillbj/Snow2005/DSC00770.JPG
Partner in crime, first time driving awd in the snow...
http://home.comcast.net/~hillbj/Snow2005/DSC00771.JPG
Seeing the Galant vr4 flex the underhood muscle...grrr baby lol
http://home.comcast.net/~hillbj/Snow2005/DSC00772.JPG

Spirit
23-01-2005, 11:11 AM
Very cool video mate :-b

AllBeItMine
23-01-2005, 08:48 PM
How did you find the AYC behaved in those conditions. i have done similar stuff on grass for motorkhana and autocross and in the end had to pull the AYC fuse because the brakes felt like they were over heating.

Mante
23-01-2005, 09:18 PM
How did you find the AYC behaved in those conditions. i have done similar stuff on grass for motorkhana and autocross and in the end had to pull the AYC fuse because the brakes felt like they were over heating.

AYC has been a menace for me whenever snow or sever driving is needed...ironically the ayc check light has been on for two days :) By removing that fuse did it turn off the ayc light?

Kenneth
23-01-2005, 09:36 PM
Awsome video.

Pity we dont get snow here... That looked like heaps of fun :-b

AllBeItMine
24-01-2005, 12:03 AM
AYC has been a menace for me whenever snow or sever driving is needed...ironically the ayc check light has been on for two days :) By removing that fuse did it turn off the ayc light?

as far as i know pulling the fuse completely stopped AYC from working, i think it does make diff operate in a completely open fashion but it was definitely better on the autocross with it off. the car just doesn't like drifting with the fuse in there.

KiwiTT
24-01-2005, 04:28 AM
The car must have had snow tyres - right ?

Mante
24-01-2005, 05:36 AM
The car must have had snow tyres - right ?

V rated far from snow tires..add the addiction of a "spirited drive" :)

BraindG
24-01-2005, 03:01 PM
heheh awesome!!
i love snow!!.. been ages since weve had enough here to have fun in..
looked like you had fun though!
/jealous

Nick VR4
24-01-2005, 03:14 PM
Nice and very :-b
I thought the large 4WD was a security team coming out to kick you off the car park :laugh:

mmm cant think of any car parks round my way big enough to try that even if we did get snow which is very unlikely :rolleyes:

Physician
24-01-2005, 06:35 PM
Brilliant !!

OK everyone in UK up to Tesco carpark in Scotland :-D

Lurch
24-01-2005, 06:44 PM
Awsome video.

Pity we dont get snow here... That looked like heaps of fun :-b

Just head on up/down to one of the mountains ;)

adam_shaw
24-01-2005, 06:51 PM
We've got snow :p

Just a few cm's right now - I'm hoping it'll snow some more in the next couple of days.

But here (in Germany) main roads are very well cleaned, and farmers are paid to clear the Landstraße - have to go up forest tracks to really see much snow on the roads.

Still, I can keep hoping.

A

Mante
25-01-2005, 02:54 AM
Pirelli P8000 Z rated my mistake.. Now for the damage after smaching a curb off camera I bent the right rear control arm and knuckle. Would I do it all over again...definatly!

valmes
25-01-2005, 03:58 PM
Some pictures of VR-4 in snow from another part of the world!

Mante
25-01-2005, 11:39 PM
pretty good idea of taking the front bumpers off, wish I'd of thought of it haha

pezza
26-01-2005, 06:23 PM
Nice pix Valmes...

The legnum does look good in white there... I thought u had a black front bumper there for a minute.. (Pictures a two tone legnum like cars from 80s, may look kool :-b )

How did you find the AYC behaving?

Mante how is it a menace in the snow? Does the the car twitch/snatch from side to side?

Cheers

D

Mante
26-01-2005, 11:41 PM
Mante how is it a menace in the snow? Does the the car twitch/snatch from side to side?

Cheers

D

You guessed it, my first experience with the Vr4 in the snow wasnt to pretty. The ayc would compensate for a tire slipping much faster then I would be able to (obviously) but because Im working the keep the car straight the ayc doesnt know that.... that ment continuous swinging...with AYC off the car is mine finally :)

pezza
27-01-2005, 11:11 AM
Hmm I did wonder how it would behave on surfaces such as ice or snow.. and grass too I expect...

The first rear wheel drive I owned was a GM Vauxhall GSi Carlton and I almost wiped out a line of parked cars accelerating from rest in the snow.... I best be careful in this beast I think :rolleyes:

Mante
27-01-2005, 11:57 PM
Hmm I did wonder how it would behave on surfaces such as ice or snow.. and grass too I expect...

The first rear wheel drive I owned was a GM Vauxhall GSi Carlton and I almost wiped out a line of parked cars accelerating from rest in the snow.... I best be careful in this beast I think :rolleyes:

It all depends on what your accustomed to driving...or/and driving habits. In the US we get the best of the weather...then 5 months later we can get some of the worst. The Ec5a was the first that tried to control itself, would be perfect for the wife to drive ( how likely would that happen...not haha) but for me Im used to recovering from loose of traction so it hurts the hell out of me! But yea all in all be careful

valmes
29-01-2005, 02:27 PM
Video of cars driving on ice... well, my Legnum is there too... :) (http://kolenval.ru/movies/2005_01/ice_cut.wmv)

valmes
30-01-2005, 09:09 AM
Next week will be using "special ice tires..." will see how it behaves then... will post some videos too. Mante I hope you don't mind me posting in this thread? Or should I create a new one? ;)

Kieran
30-01-2005, 10:48 AM
Next week will be using "special ice tires..." will see how it behaves then... will post some videos too. Mante I hope you don't mind me posting in this thread? Or should I create a new one? ;)

:lolz: