PDA

View Full Version : Galant VR NZ new parts

Ftsartek
04-03-2013, 08:17 AM
Hi all,

I've got an NZ New Galant VR V6 (normally aspirated, none of those fancy twin turbos) which unfortunately appears to be very rare. The front drive axles need replacing - both inner and outer CVs on both sides are worn. Cheaper to replace the whole shafts than the CVs individually. Only thing is I can't find the right parts anywhere. (And I work at a wreckers, you'd think someone there'd know where to look) the car has the chassis number bb5494, which as far as I can tell is similar to EA5A. Can anyone direct me to somewhere to find the parts?

Thanks.

CANDEE
04-03-2013, 09:00 AM
Jordan, the EA5W parts should fit, thats the 2wd v6 legnum. Only the NZ New Galants came out with the v6, in Japan they were Legnums.

Ftsartek
04-03-2013, 10:58 AM
Of course only manual, I am guessing? Thanks for the prompt answer.

CANDEE
05-03-2013, 04:25 AM
Of course only manual, I am guessing? Thanks for the prompt answer.
Nope hey came out in auto as well, only the 4 speed like the other NZ New V6's but the driveshafts should be similar.

MarkSanne
05-03-2013, 08:41 AM
I bought a set for my V6 N/A in the USA as I couldn't find the parts anywhere here in Holland, UK or Europe. Well, apart from Mitsi who charge 500+ euro for 1 complete driveshaft with everything on it which is ridiculous. I did get a (non advertised) custom set from this ebay seller, who sell all kinds of axles and they seem very good and communicative. I did get an additional customs fee, but still 2 brand new axles from the US, incl. taxes/fees: under 300 USD is still cheap!!!

I do need to install them though... I've compared them to an old worn set of original Axles and they look like a perfect match.

Don't try to find it in their store, just contact them and tell them exactly what car you have and you can mention my name (my ebay name is mark-sanne) as a reference.
http://myworld.ebay.com/axlestore?_trksid=p2047675.l2559