PDA

View Full Version : AYC Service in NZ

Niran
11-03-2013, 02:50 AM
Hey guys, my diff is making strange noises when i corner hard. Yesterday when i started her up in the parking lot and drove a couple metres, all three green AYC lights were on on the dash, and it felt as if the handbrake was up while driving. I figure the first step would be to get the AYC serviced. Got a quote from Mitsubishi in New Market for $250 + GST. Do you guys know anywhere else that can do it cheaper and properly?

CANDEE
11-03-2013, 04:12 AM
$287 isnt bad to have the ayc serviced as there are three lots of fluid, the diff, the clutch packs and the actuation fluid.

They also need to bleed the actuation fluid as well.

Subaru ETA
11-03-2013, 04:54 AM
Yup not a bad price.

Also check that all tyre pressures are the same

taupodrifta
11-03-2013, 05:26 AM
Or change diff to open

chris g
11-03-2013, 01:53 PM
Less of a 'Service', more of a 'just get the fluid changed'...

And far cheaper than changing diff...

Niran
14-03-2013, 03:04 AM
Just spoke to Mitsi again, they said they are only going to do one lot of fluid (im guessing diff) and the bleed. Is still worth $287? I heard 'Transmission Solutions' In Manakau are also good, has anyone got their diff serviced with them?

Tanga
18-07-2013, 10:57 AM
Niran what did u end up doing?

Niran
12-08-2013, 02:35 AM
Niran what did u end up doing?

Ended up getting it done at Mitsubishi aye. Getting some odd sounds again though :\

Tanga
13-08-2013, 07:18 AM
Ended up getting it done at Mitsubishi aye. Getting some odd sounds again though :\

How many KM/s since it was Done?

I was getting real bad grinding hitting corners hard, went to Kaspas in Glenfield and has been good ever since...

Niran
13-08-2013, 10:06 PM
How many KM/s since it was Done?

I was getting real bad grinding hitting corners hard, went to Kaspas in Glenfield and has been good ever since...

Aw yeah? Probably only 6000km? They only did the diff oil though. What did you get done and how much did you pay?

Tanga
13-08-2013, 10:19 PM
Aw yeah? Probably only 6000km? They only did the diff oil though. What did you get done and how much did you pay?

I got the Transfer Case and AYC done, was 100+ for AYC and 50+ for Transfer case. So 150+ total, iv only done like 500km since it was done tho so you never know how it will sound in another 5000.

They did my trans aswell, when I got the car it had a shudder and after the trans was done its been good as gold, and it looks like they used SPIII compliant fluid (Before i even knew about all that) haha

Niran
13-08-2013, 10:31 PM
I got the Transfer Case and AYC done, was 100+ for AYC and 50+ for Transfer case. So 150+ total, iv only done like 500km since it was done tho so you never know how it will sound in another 5000.

They did my trans aswell, when I got the car it had a shudder and after the trans was done its been good as gold, and it looks like they used SPIII compliant fluid (Before i even knew about all that) haha

Wow thats quite cheap! I need to get my clutch changed soon, trying to find a good cheap place to get it done. Let alone trying to find the right clutch to buy haha

Davezj
13-08-2013, 11:44 PM
Do it ourself it is much cheaper, and it will only cost you the price of the oil, and evoscan 25 USD and a VAGcom cable £6 and remove pin 9 if you don't have it, you can bleed the pump with evoscan, using the AYC actuators ( left and right solenoids).
Very easy, you just have to remember to establish communication with the AYC ecu by logging data from the ayc ecu before using the actuators.

Tanga
14-08-2013, 12:01 AM
Do it ourself it is much cheaper, and it will only cost you the price of the oil, and evoscan 25 USD and a VAGcom cable £6 and remove pin 9 if you don't have it, you can bleed the pump with evoscan, using the AYC actuators ( left and right solenoids).
Very easy, you just have to remember to establish communication with the AYC ecu by logging data from the ayc ecu before using the actuators.

Now I know why I paid someone to do it.... hahaha

Davezj
14-08-2013, 06:09 PM
Honestly it is not difficult, with evoscan.