PDA

View Full Version : Still the fastest!

enigma
23-01-2005, 08:15 PM
Just come back from the Pod with Derek and Kieran.......I am still the fastest :lipsrseal

Polabear
23-01-2005, 08:18 PM
Hey.........back storming on all six again then Dave... good on you mate... ;) :D

enigma
23-01-2005, 08:21 PM
I didn't run today, but I went along for the journey...........no major drams, one minor one though :lipsrseal

We also saw somthing really odd......on the way there, a car on fire......on the way back, another car on fire! Like bleedin busses!

I had a go in Dereks car, crept on the line so it was crap!

I also had a go in Kierans car, no point having half that power with only 2wd :laugh: :lipsrseal

enigma
23-01-2005, 08:26 PM
Unless you drive a fat turbo'd Beetle!

Nick Mann
23-01-2005, 08:39 PM
Glad you all had a good time! :-b

That Beetle looks the dogs! How far did it travel with wheels off the ground??

Hope the minor incident was nothing too bad. :|

enigma
23-01-2005, 08:51 PM
only about 10ft!

Not like the bike that did the 1/4 on his back wheel! Still knocked out a 12 or something!

Kieran
24-01-2005, 12:15 AM
I had a go in Dereks car, crept on the line so it was crap!

I also had a go in Kierans car, no point having half that power with only 2wd :laugh: :lipsrseal

What a bleedin' disaster today was!!...:$:$

Managed a 16.3 @ 86 once, the rest (including Dave and Derek's attempts in Hordak) were all 17 seconds or above!!! Traction?! WTF is traction!? :furious3: :wall: :scared1: :wtf:

However, Good news came about in that now I know where to focus my efforts on VR-4 worrying. I've logged some interesting information from my CAMP and my RSM, but the problem is, untill I solve the traction issues I can't do much with it!:$:$

The no-traction issue is starting to concern me... I noticed again today (since it was pointed out by a couple of people at a previous club meet) that My front wheel angles (camber) look a bit....Odd..... :shifty: I think, like my GLS, that Hordak may be hiding a problem that I don't yet realise.... :rolleyes5 :uhoh2:

I think it may be time to bite the bullet and find out what's wrong and why.... :uhoh2:

....You'll have to excuse me now, I've just got sudden cramping pains in my wallet.... :end:

P.S. Dave's may be faster, but Derek's car is still ABSOLUTLEY EFFING ELECTRIFYING TO DRIVE!!! My god... With the NOS on, a very fast car is transformed into a brutally fast one!!! Ye Gods!!! It was like piloting an exorcet missile!!!

AllBeItMine
24-01-2005, 12:47 AM
when you say still the fastest, you mean, fastest in a 6A13tt powered galant? if so - what was your et and trapspeed?

AllBeItMine
24-01-2005, 12:50 AM
Managed a 16.3 @ 86 once, the rest (including Dave and Derek's attempts in Hordak) were all 17 seconds or above!!!

86mph is a good trap speed. means there is some good potential there.

Kieran
24-01-2005, 12:54 AM
86mph is a good trap speed. means there is some good potential there.

Ok.... Thanks!!! :)

Erm....:$:$

....Would someone explain the relationship between 1/4 mile time and trap speed then?!?!:$:$ Me thicko on this subject! :$

AllBeItMine
24-01-2005, 03:28 AM
High trap speeds usually equates to high horsepower.
Low et's usually equates to good traction.

When you get both then you're really moving.

My best run was a 14.1 which i was with a 147kph (around 92mph) trap speed.

So you should be in the low 14's somewhere with a better start.

Legnum Boy
24-01-2005, 05:21 AM
So you should be in the low 14's somewhere with a better start.

:smoking: So maybe you will be worrying some unmodded VR4 owners quite soon then Kieran, if there's any left... :sad3:

AllBeItMine
24-01-2005, 05:37 AM
:smoking: So maybe you will be worrying some unmodded VR4 owners quite soon then Kieran, if there's any left... :sad3:

ohh.. we aren't talking about a vr4? then those are some good times. specially for a heavy front wheel drive car!

a good burnout and some nifty clutch work should see some more traction off the line.

makes my 92mph trapspeed seem pretty dam slow!

AllBeItMine
24-01-2005, 05:40 AM
ohh.. we aren't talking about a vr4? then those are some good times. specially for a heavy front wheel drive car!

a good burnout and some nifty clutch work should see some more traction off the line.

and you are right about troubling unmodded VR4's i've watched triptronic legnum vr4's do 15.2 -15.4's all day long un-modified.

enigma
24-01-2005, 08:57 AM
My fastest 1/4 with my 6A13tt VR4 is 12.789 @ 106mph.........as in my sig! :-b :D

ako
24-01-2005, 10:04 AM
I'm still winning, and I don't even have a VR4 right now :-D :-D

Meh, i'll get back on this horse. All I need to do now is clear some debts and pay for a wedding, get another VR4 and get it to the stage I had my last one at, then go faster still.

How hard could it be :laugh:

About your 1/4 time, its about what guys over here in 1600 FWD coupes are managing, their times are a lot lower mainly due to a lighter weight and quicker start off, but I'm picking that the fact you'll have a lot more power is getting you decent trap speeds.

Best way to look at it - read a GTO / 3000GT forum. They have big, HEAVY cars, but big power, they get times like 13.3 @ 110ish. Your average Evo will get the same Time, but at closer to 100mph. The GTO hence has more power, but is let down in the gaining momentum aspect of things by the fact it weighs more than a legnum can :rolleyes5

Kinda hard to explain, but the trap speed is the best indication of the actual power of the car, the time is a combination of traction and power combined. Put it this way, my car was running steady 13.3 - 13.4 1/4s. Did a bit of work (like put in a clutch that held), went back to the track, and my first run of the day was a 13.1 @ 109. Straight away, I knew it was capable of a mid 12.

Kieran
24-01-2005, 10:16 PM

:sunny:

Thanks! It's good to know that there's potential there. :)

Now, does anyone know where there's a Legnum ST-R that I can relieve of it's 4WD setup?!?! :$:$

Regarding a good burnout... Difficult - there's no LSD, and the front Left axle tramps most alarmingly when you try it! :scared1:

Kieran
24-01-2005, 11:52 PM
Ok, I may be getting somewhere here.

http://www.raktron.com/misc/mt.htm

Those mounts in the pictires look like the ones on the V6.... Hmmm....

:thinking: :idea: I wonder if the 'Universal fitment' Superflex bushes would also help (if they match)?...

/Scurries away to 'Cunning Plans' easel yet again.... :devil5:

Josh2xsv
25-01-2005, 12:21 AM
:thinking: :idea: I wonder if the 'Universal fitment' Superflex bushes would also help (if they match)?...
/Scurries away to 'Cunning Plans' easel yet again.... :devil5:

Any luck finding if these fit the mounts, I have to replace all 4 of my mounts - 1 broken and 3 worn to buggery! I thought i could kill 2 birds with one stone toughening them before fitment.
VR4 is 4wd not hopping - but would be good 2 strengthen my mounts! :rolleyes5