PDA

View Full Version : What are the two plugs on the manual geabox?

Jesus-Ninja
17-03-2013, 11:15 PM
Pulling the engine and gearbox out for breaking. The manual setup is going to a member for a conversion, and I'll be shipping everything I can to make the install easy.

There's two plugs that go into the box. One of these will be the reverse switch - what's the other?

Cheers

Nick Mann
17-03-2013, 11:24 PM
Speedo? They will want some of the loom if they have a 2nd facelift auto to convert.

c0xxy
17-03-2013, 11:25 PM
Speed sensor

edit: beaten to it

Jesus-Ninja
17-03-2013, 11:35 PM
Ah, thought it might have been. How much of the loom?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Nick Mann
17-03-2013, 11:47 PM
Not sure. But autos made after about May 2000 didn't have a speedo connection. So he will have no plug. I don't know if there is somewhere to splice into the loom or if new cables need to be run through to the ecu, but just the plug and a few feet of wire would be a start. If the car is earlier than May 2000 the it isn't a problem - the autos have the same connector as the manual.

Jesus-Ninja
18-03-2013, 12:21 AM
Cheers, Nick. Dropped him a message. Is the reverse switch connection the same as well?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

c0xxy
18-03-2013, 01:05 AM
Don't think its the same on a pfl auto, Im currently running with no reverse lights as I didn't get the bit of loom needed with my conversion.
Ash

Nick Mann
18-03-2013, 08:07 AM
No, the reverse light connection is on a completely different plug on the auto, as part of the inhibitor switch. Again, if you don't mind giving him a chunk of your loom for the reverse light switch plug, that would make it easier for him to wire the reverse light in.

lateshow
21-06-2013, 09:11 PM
Ok, the auto is gone and manual will be put in tomorrow. But as said, has anyone else done this to past may 2000 car?

I',m not with the car right now but as I have read though this is seems that in this car the engine ecu gets the signal from tcu which gets the signal from the output sensor?? Am I correct. We had one conversion in Finland but the car was older than mine. He however pointed out that he had the right connector BUT there was a connection somewhere in the loom so it had an extension wire and that my car COULD have the same plug somewhere. But if this isnt the case I think we have to connect the new speed sensor straight to ecu, right? Meaning that speed signal goes to pin 60 and the grounding wire goes to pin 26 ? Or does anyone have better ideas, it's a shame that there isnt a manual or electrical wiring diagram for these cars....