PDA

View Full Version : Dobi Springs

Bender
18-03-2013, 08:45 PM
Is anyone using or had use Dobi lowering springs in here Galant or Legnum VR4? How do you find them?
I have use Dobi before in my old Skyline and did find them good.
I was going to get Tein but place we deal with at work can't get them for other 3 or so months.

All I can get at the moment is Dobi or Corba.

Cheers

Bender
25-03-2013, 01:10 AM
So i take it no one has used Dobi springs before?

scott.mohekey
25-03-2013, 01:21 AM
Not that I'm aware of. I have a set of Tanabe Sustec springs sitting in my garage if you're interested. I had them in my 25ST before trying a set of Tein adjustable coilovers in it. The springs were FAR nicer than the Tein's (they were the two way adjustable coilovers though, not the nicer three ways).

Bender
25-03-2013, 06:24 AM
Have you got any photos of them in the car? And how old they are? I haven't seen that brand before

scott.mohekey
25-03-2013, 10:55 PM
Sorry, no photos of them on the car. I took them off a few years ago now. I'd guess they're at most 10 years old, but they're not been used a great deal. Tanabe Sustec are a pretty good suspension manufacturer. They tend to be on the more expensive end of the street range.

Bender
26-03-2013, 07:40 AM
Cheers for that but i will pass on them. Can get the dobi's pretty cheap.

CANDEE
26-03-2013, 08:56 PM
Just make sure that they have a suitable springrate for the vr4's. A lot of the locally available lowering springs arent designed for the heavier 4wd legnums...

Bender
26-03-2013, 09:11 PM
Just make sure that they have a suitable springrate for the vr4's. A lot of the locally available lowering springs arent designed for the heavier 4wd legnums...

Umm cheers for that. Might give them other ring and ask that.
But maybe be better off waiting for the Tein's come back in to stock?

CANDEE
26-03-2013, 09:19 PM
The issue is that they are made for the light 2wd nz new cars and listed as for our cars(or even just ec5a/ec5w in general).

Have a look at the pics of dixon8's new leggie which has king's in it. The rear is waaay too low, and thats due to the spring rate.

If they cant confirm the spring rates then the Tein's sound the best bet. :)

You can get the Tein's from RHD Japan as well, atm they are $410 shipped - http://www.rhdjapan.com/tein-s-tech-springs-ec5w-ea3w-legnum-62639

Bender
26-03-2013, 09:33 PM
Yeah i have see dixon8 legnum and don't want mine that low, will be replacing the exhaust sometime soon and don't want stuff it like one is on the car at the moment.

I will just wait for Tein's but autoalign said they won't have any for few months yet but again I've give them ring to check. It don't something needs to done right away.

Thanks for the help Jeremy :-)

dixon8
27-03-2013, 10:13 AM
Not that I'm aware of. I have a set of Tanabe Sustec springs sitting in my garage if you're interested. I had them in my 25ST before trying a set of Tein adjustable coilovers in it. The springs were FAR nicer than the Tein's (they were the two way adjustable coilovers though, not the nicer three ways).

hi just saw your post, what you wanting for your springs ??? maybe interested

scott.mohekey
27-03-2013, 10:25 AM
hi just saw your post, what you wanting for your springs ??? maybe interested

I'd be happy with $250.

Bender
28-03-2013, 01:27 AM
If they cant confirm the spring rates then the Tein's sound the best bet. :)

You can get the Tein's from RHD Japan as well, atm they are $410 shipped - http://www.rhdjapan.com/tein-s-tech-springs-ec5w-ea3w-legnum-62639

Will be getting a set of tein's. Be here next month. $299+ gst for the set.

-=white-zombie=-
28-03-2013, 06:19 AM
I had dobi in my old gallant vr4 heres a pic
, was about a 40mm drop nice smooth ride,61036