PDA

View Full Version : Window Tints

marvelman156
20-03-2013, 07:11 AM
What are you guys opinions on window tints?
Thinking of getting some put on my Galant on all the windows other than the windscreen, most likely 35%, being the darkest legal tint in NZ.
Anyone ever had them put on? /Hmmm

Badger_01
20-03-2013, 07:44 AM
Nope lol too easy to stuff up, rather pay someone to do it knowing that it will be legal and professionally done. Got hyper to do my fronts, only $110 lol

marvelman156
20-03-2013, 08:03 AM
Nope lol too easy to stuff up, rather pay someone to do it knowing that it will be legal and professionally done. Got hyper to do my fronts, only $110 lol

Yeah i'll get it done professionally, would probably stuff it up if I tried haha. What are your opinions? Worth the money?

Badger_01
20-03-2013, 08:33 AM
Yeah i'll get it done professionally, would probably stuff it up if I tried haha. What are your opinions? Worth the money?

Definitely worth the money, it keeps the sun out so its a lot cooler, plus it just looks better with the fronts tinted with the rest of the car haha

CANDEE
20-03-2013, 09:42 AM
I have them in the work car and you really notice the difference when windows are down..

Only issue ive had is that the reverse lights dont work as well as they did... lol

Atik
20-03-2013, 10:44 AM
I had limo black tints on my old Legnum and as good as it looked, it was probably too dark. Simply couldnt see anything out the back at night time.

I have no tints on my current Legnum and find I am perfectly ok with it.

ANTHONY
20-03-2013, 11:41 PM
i'v just got the back tinted on my colt makes it cooler in the back also hides stuff your carrying a bit

Gly
22-03-2013, 09:20 AM
if you do alot of night driving i would not recommend it, this is the only time ive found it a pita on the drivers and passengers windows.

but it looks good and does help keep the car cool, on those hot summer days

marvelman156
22-03-2013, 09:46 PM
if you do alot of night driving i would not recommend it, this is the only time ive found it a pita on the drivers and passengers windows.

but it looks good and does help keep the car cool, on those hot summer days

I don't do too much night driving. Still sounds like a pain though, i could probably get lighter tints on the back window. Or would that just look mismatched?

Scanny
22-03-2013, 09:52 PM
they have all round electric windows so why the concern about night time driving?

marvelman156
23-03-2013, 04:52 AM
they have all round electric windows so why the concern about night time driving?

Yeah not too concerned about the electric windows. Just the rear :P

CANDEE
23-03-2013, 10:34 AM
Because when you are driving seeing whats in the mirrors and any obstacles etc though the windows can be a pain.

My work car has 35% tints and you can really notice the difference especially when trying to park or back the car, while the old one didnt have tints and it was a breeze.. Even the missus's car with privacy glass all round the back in her Torneo is easier than the work car.

Im not going to put the windows down when its either pissing down with rain or freezing cold to see more through the side windows..

Scanny
23-03-2013, 11:42 AM
is it only me who drops the window if i need a better view? i always do it on one notorious junction on a sharp bend. the road comes from the rear nearside window and goes in the direction that the car is facing so i drop that window for a better look at anything coming along. i wouldnt go any darker than the factory tints though. they do the job but i would prefer a V6 rear screen to match them

elnevio
23-03-2013, 01:03 PM
I don't have a great issue with my tints (which are as they came from Japan), even at night. Like anything, it's just about being careful. And bear in mind that the rear window is 95%, and the rear passenger and rear quarter windows are 98%! :afro:

Gly
24-03-2013, 06:13 AM
I don't do too much night driving. Still sounds like a pain though, i could probably get lighter tints on the back window. Or would that just look mismatched?

personally it would look odd to me.

i dont find the rear window tint an issue just the front drivers and passenger windows. and only at night usually at badly lit intersections,

i still wouldnt do any less than 35% all round.

marvelman156
01-04-2013, 06:13 AM
Sweet, 35% all round it is. Thanks guys :thumbsup:

Badger_01
01-04-2013, 07:26 AM
Woo awesome man!

marvelman156
01-04-2013, 08:35 AM
Thanks, just have to wait for funds to allow it. :D